can you get the lower motor mount to begin with? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
can you get the lower motor mount to begin with?
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 7:58 PM
I was wondering I have a 2005 LS sport 2.2 eco, and I was wondering if i just got the lower engine mount right now, or even the top one? would it help without the other? or do you need to have both of them in there to help at all? I posted this in the newbs seciton because well i guess its a newb question...i just need to know.

Re: can you get the lower motor mount to begin with?
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 8:00 PM
You can get one at a time, I suggest you start with the upper mount, and if you like it get the lower one then, some people don't like the stiffness and vibration from the lower one.

Re: can you get the lower motor mount to begin wit
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 8:03 PM
yeah, the upper mount doesn't cause as much vibration as the lower mount. i put the upper one in first, then after a while i got the lower one put in. if i had put them both in at the same time, it woulda drove me crazy. but i got used to the upper mount pretty easily, so the lower one wasn't too bad.

Thursday, March 10, 2005 9:52 AM
Well if I just put the lower one in to begin with would it help any?
Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:17 AM
sure.

Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:57 AM
I'm guessing though there will be alot of vibration with the lower one...though would it help torque at all or would it be pointless?
Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:15 PM
basically what the mounts do is they prevent the engine from moving around in the engine bay. this has 2 benefits: if you have an aftermarket header, turbo, or supercharger, it prevents them from cracking... also, less play in the engine means less torque is lost. it's not overly noticable how much torque is put to the wheels, but it does help.

Friday, March 11, 2005 7:00 AM
what about aftermarket tranny mounts? can I install them before engine mounts or no? Does this add even more vibration, or no?

Sorry to thread jack but its kinda related adn I dont wanna start a new thread for one question
Friday, March 11, 2005 10:18 AM
Usually, any and all additional mounts and bushings are going to add more vibration. Better performance typically comes with less comfort.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Friday, March 11, 2005 5:46 PM
Can you add one aftermarket mount at a time? Like would it do any damage if I installed an upper engine mount insert without having a lower mount installed, or visa versa? Do you have to do both if you upgrade engine mounts? What if I installed tranny mounts without having engine mounts, any damage then? Thanx
Friday, March 11, 2005 7:33 PM
u can add mix match apply anything any time wont hurt nothing if anything it will improve the car

beer is like a chick.. well not really its just beer, it be cool thou huh?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search