Can you guys please help me thanks - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Can you guys please help me thanks
Saturday, March 05, 2005 2:39 PM
hey guys i just recently bought a 2001 cavy..this is my first ever car so im happy with it.....i just have couple questions though....i plan to install an aftermarket deck and yes ive allready heard rumors about what will happen if i take the stock deck out..one guy told me that my ABS wont work if i take the stock deck out...i dont listen to that crap ..so im just going to do it myself ..i have a free installation coupon at future shop so ill see if they will do it with giving me problem if they do ill do it my self...this will be my first deck installation so sorry for the newbie question but here it goes..i have read this allready http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=4&i=51826&t=51826 great help and i deceided that i dont care about my chimes so ill be putting an a 15$ harness in my question is will this one work this one or will this one work this one.......

.i plan to get my power from doing a fuse tap one the windshield wiper fuse...so i run a power cable from that fuse to my deck then i run a rca cable to my 4channel amp then i run a rca cable to my mono amp...my deck instructions asked me to run a yellow wire to a terminal that allways supplies power regardless of ignition switch postition...what can i tap into then it ask to run a red wire to to electric terminal controlled by ignition switch ..what should i tap that the one into ....and for my last question it ask the run a blue / white wire to the system controlled of power amp or Auto atenna relay controlled terminal (max 300mA 12V DC) Does that just mean run a wire to the battery.......please help i probable sound like a total idiot but thats why i have a buddy coming over that has done installs before.......i dont care about chime and i dont use a T harness is it just a plan ordinary installation like u would do to any other car........oh and my deck is a Pioneer DEH-P80MP..please help thanks

Re: Can you guys please help me thanks
Sunday, March 06, 2005 12:36 PM
coming from the factory harness, youll find the uninterrupted power wire as well as the switched power wire. the blue/white wire goes to the "REM" or remote terminal of an amp, or of an automatic antenna. if you dont have an amp or power antenna, DONT PUT THIS WIRE ANYWHERE. tape it off. running it to the battery woud do... uh... something bad. everything else.. speaker wires, power wires, lighting, should already have been there.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 6:24 PM
you might want to tap into the accessory fuse. that way, you can use the radio without having the key... just a thought.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 9:23 PM
Andrew Schembri wrote:you might want to tap into the accessory fuse. that way, you can use the radio without having the key... just a thought.

that's what I do, and I'm no amature audio installationist

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Thursday, March 10, 2005 7:47 PM
what i did was go to best buy and got the wiring harness, it plugged right in. all i had to do was run the red 12v acc wire from the aftermarket stereo to the fuse box with the extra 12v acc wire that came with the harness. it had a fuse tap at the end so i just found a fuse and plugged it in. they usually have the harnesses in best buy in the back where they install stereos, about 15$.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search