Makin my 4 door GO!!!! - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Makin my 4 door GO!!!!
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 12:42 PM
Hey guys im a new cavalier owner and don't know much about the cars. I want to know if I can swap a 2.4 into my 98 four door. I want to leave it an Automatic transmission, because i'm sick of driving a stick. What major issues might i run into? i.e. engine mounts, does the tranny need to be swapped? will the computers need to be changed? if so do the pins on the wiring harnesess match up or to i have to get a kit for that? anyone done this before? any other problems you can forsee?

Re: Makin my 4 door GO!!!!
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 5:00 PM
engine swaps to both the 2.4 and ecotec have been done by many people on here. i do believe to swap the 2.4 all you need is motor(and accesories), transmission of choice, computer, wiring harness. basically all the engine related under-hood stuff. motor mounts(and im assuming trans mounts) are all the same between the 2.2/2200 and 2.4. the ecotec is a good bit more involved.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search