Weird noise. - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Weird noise.
Thursday, March 17, 2005 3:46 PM
There was a weird noise coming from the engine bay from what I could tell anyways. I went over to GM and got someone to come for a ride with me and he sayd he pretty sure its a wheel bearing.......I have a 2002 Ecotec with 55'000 KM I dont know how many miles that is......

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.........how many KM/Miles should be on a car before something like that would need replaing.....

it cost about $500CAN but luckly my car is still under warentee and should be fixed tomorrow

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it

Re: Weird noise.
Thursday, March 17, 2005 4:05 PM
Thursday, March 17, 2005 4:41 PM
sounds like low amount of KM but i have definatly seen them go quick like that. I got about 115000km on my car and just got it inspected yesterday and they were tight as the day it was new. Good to hear you still have the warrenty though! I miss it

"Hick's can own J'body's too"
Thursday, March 17, 2005 5:57 PM
Well its hard to decribe the noise but I will try.

its like a rusleing or echoing sound......kinda like the sound you would hear when you are slowing down without breaks and work you way down to a stop with minimal breaking, thats the kinda sound I hear when costing anywhere from 60KM/h-80KM/H and even above that...

I told you it wouldn't be easy, now if it is a wheel bearing or what ever would that be covered under powertrain warentee which goes to 100'000KM just wondering if sown the road the passenger one decides to go, will i have to fork out $500

Thursday, March 17, 2005 7:08 PM
I'm pretty sure the wheel bearing is not covered under the powertrain warenty. But ask gm. they will tell you.

New sig in the works
Thursday, March 17, 2005 9:02 PM
Ya, the appt. is for 8am so I doubt I will remeber but I will try....

thanks Boyz.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search