headlight adjustment - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
headlight adjustment
Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:08 PM
I just installed my clear corners on my 02 cavy, and did it the wrong way. I took out the whole headlight (stupid i know). Had a hard time getting them back in but finally did. Now my headlights are out of whack. i tried to adjust them the best i could. got them to where i think is about stock. so my question is, how do i know where theyre supposed to be? they shine to about the rear bumper of a regular sized car. is that about right? and another thing is, there is a little gap about a half inch between the light and the bumper, is that supposed to be like that?

Re: headlight adjustment
Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:27 PM
Doesn't sound like your headlight is seated properly, try pushing on it a little to see if it clips into place, mine had the same issue.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:29 PM
i did that it clipped back in , but the adjustments were still off.
Friday, March 11, 2005 5:10 AM
Drive to a flat surface near a wall aim the head lights at it and at least try to get them close, but if you want them perfect, take it to a garage, they have aiming devices..

My Sunfire
Friday, March 11, 2005 10:13 AM
both lights are NOT supposed to be aimed to the same hight/angle.......the driver one is supposed to be lower and the passanger one pointing up slightly and to the left.

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 6:23 AM
Boorad wrote:both lights are NOT supposed to be aimed to the same hight/angle.......the driver one is supposed to be lower and the passanger one pointing up slightly and to the left.

you up in the eyes of the driver in the other lane so they can't see?

Thursday, March 17, 2005 9:58 AM
If you go to diynetwork.com and look at the tricked out webpage, they should have a "tutorial" on how to properly adjust your headlights.

hope this helps.

[URL=http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/ab_parts_accessories/article/0,2021,DIY_13690_3579216,00.html]
Friday, March 18, 2005 5:30 PM
my headlights have a little space between them and the bumper...

i have mine aimed just like urs and no problems....

Friday, March 18, 2005 6:02 PM
thanks for the help, i think i finally got it right. i saw the d i y show , and it helped.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search