Clutch problems with sunbird. - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clutch problems with sunbird.
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 4:15 PM
Hey im new here, im having troubles with my car and this seemed like the best forum. I have a 93 pontiac sunbird se with a 3.1l v6 5spd. Over the past month my clutch fluid has slowly been leaking and when it gets low its really hard to shift into gears. But once your in gear taking off and what not is fine.

Well today i was driving and noticed it was gettin hard to get into gear so i was like allright need to put some fluid in when i stop. Well i was driving and went to shift into 3rd gear and the pedal just drops to the floor. Poped the hood and see that its empty, so i fill it up, and nothing pumped for like 10 min and still nothing.

From my reading here it sounds like i might have a problem with bleeding it? Or it might be the slave cylindar. Does anyone know whats up, and how i can fix this? Thanks Derek

Re: Clutch problems with sunbird.
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:18 PM
Check if it's leaking near the master cylinder or slave cyl. then replace as needed. and bleed out the system.

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:52 PM
haha thanks easier said that done though. The problem is Im in college and I dont have any tools/garage. I need to be able to get it sorta working so i can drive it 2 hours home to my grandpas garage.

Exaclty how do you bleed it? I think thats the problem right now, might just be a bunch of air in the lines.
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 7:29 PM
ask in the second gen forum or over on www.v6z24.com youll get more responses/responses better related to your car
Friday, March 18, 2005 10:21 PM
On most systems you can attach a hose to the bleeder screw on the slave cylinder and route that line to the clutch fluid res. Open the bleeder screw and pump the pedal a couple of times. close screw and you're done.

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search