New Boy from Liverpool - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Boy from Liverpool
Thursday, March 10, 2005 4:55 AM
Hi,
Stubbled across your site and I'm amazed at how similar the Vauxhall Cavalier Mk2 , and Opel Ascona C built in Luton UK and Antwerp Belgium are to your first generation models.

Obviously being European ours will be better, but I'm interested in how much is interchangeable.

I'm logging on towww. mk2cav.com and the forum there, quite a bit.

See you

Mark

alias
Prophet of Doom
Jacko Lah
Crash test Mark

Re: New Boy from Liverpool
Thursday, March 10, 2005 5:03 AM
hey I hope your joking about euros being better or im calling bush

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Thursday, March 10, 2005 6:04 AM
lmao

Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:39 AM
Quote:

Obviously being European ours will be better

a little full of yourself arent you?

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, March 10, 2005 4:06 PM
I called g dubbs he said hill drop a few for the org

Friday, March 11, 2005 7:37 PM
euro cars suck man (some).. I use to live in germany and london for years i mean how is a mini better than an american pinto? ehh or that crazy three wheeled g-ride i saw on the country side of london.. its kinda funny to euro's pay more money for american cars as we do thier bmw's, and benz ehh sorry random thought.

p.s. thier roads are horrific!

beer is like a chick.. well not really its just beer, it be cool thou huh?

Friday, March 11, 2005 11:38 PM
uber ghey!

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, March 13, 2005 9:43 AM
I think he was playin, heres a thought I am going to post it later but since hes not here Im going to jack his thread. My parnets are moving to europe and I was wondering how hard you guys think it would be to find a toyo cavi. I want to get my hands on one some day a get working on my dream car.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 2:24 PM
very hard all my years over there you dont see to many imports/ american cars may be lucky and find one perhaps in eastern europe

beer is like a chick.. well not really its just beer, it be cool thou huh?

Monday, March 14, 2005 10:00 AM
I think you misread my post. im lokkin for a toyota cavalier RHD

Friday, March 18, 2005 3:51 PM
Old English 800 wrote:euro cars suck man (some).. I use to live in germany and london for years i mean how is a mini better than an american pinto? ehh or that crazy three wheeled g-ride i saw on the country side of london.. its kinda funny to euro's pay more money for american cars as we do thier bmw's, and benz ehh sorry random thought.

p.s. thier roads are horrific!

Sorry I too so long to respond.

If I may respond : It's knid of funny how Us cars cost twice in the UK. A Ford Focus with a poxy 1.4 engine is about £10K and a focus 2.0 estate fully loaded is about £16K
Mind you a gallon of petrol is pushing £4. and average wages are half the US. Houses are twice the price.

The car price I put down to being screwed by american companies, (whats new) the petrol includes 80% tax, and wages - well the rest of the world seems to want to come here, so we must be okay.

On the Mini front. I take it we are talknig about the old mini designed in 1959 by Alec isssigonis and phased out in 1999 ? We try not to mention the new mini. Bmw bought Rover which was Rover MG and Landrover for a song, used Rover's best engineers to design the new mini, build the new range rover with a bmw engine, not make the top of the range Rover 75 RWD they might compete with BMW. Flog Lang rover to Ford for a stupidly high price, keep the mini and nearly kill rover in the process.

Back to the old mini, I've had 4 in the past and they were fun to drive, although rust was a big enermy. With a turbo 1275 CC engine and 4 pot calipers they are mental, reaching about 120 before running out of gears. Then again putting 120 bhp through a gearbox designed for 40 bhp which shares it's oil with the engine, is going to run out of gears usually found later in the bottom of the sump.

Back to the J type European cavalier. The reason I came here. Badged Chevy Monza in Brazil, Opel ascona C in Europe and Sourthern ireland, and vauxhall cavalier mk2 in the UK and austrailia. Mine is a 1985 Saloon (4 doors), the SRi Version, with 1.8 injected engine (same engine as astra gte m1/ opel kadett D Gsi) producing about 115 Bhp. Close ratio gear box and rock hard suspension means that our bends can be taken in the manner you can't take most US tanks around. biggest issue is the lack of top gear cruising and I seem to run out of gears at about 120 (most days).

Biggest most popular Modification seems to be chucking a red top engine in (2.016V XE) from cavalier mk3 gsi and astra mk2 gte, with 150 bhp as standard and 200 achiieved by juncking the injection and fitting twin 45 dellortos.

I will post some pictures but it's a 1/4 to midnight here and I'm off to bed soon.

Friday, March 18, 2005 5:21 PM
^ way to long to read

Friday, March 18, 2005 10:30 PM
all i hear you talking about is 1.4's 1.8's and 2.0's try a DOHC 2.4 L with a 5-speed and "rock hard suspension" bet it would put up some competition w/ some of those so called "fast cars" your talking about

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search