Looking for help with grinding noise - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking for help with grinding noise
Saturday, March 19, 2005 5:07 PM
I've got a 1998 cavalier RS with the 2200 2.2l. I did my brakes not to long ago, maybe 2 months, everything check out ok. I then replaced the right front wheel hub. After I replaced it my car drove like it was new. No sounds, nothing out of the ordinary. Now a couple weeks maybe a month later, I hear a noise from the front of the car. It's like a grinding rotating sound. It gets louder as I pick up speed, and I can feel a small vibration on the brake pedal. It's constant as far as while cruising and during braking, but when I turn the wheel to the right, it disappears. When the wheel is straight or turned left, it's still loud, but when I turn it a bit right, or during a right turn, I can't hear a thing. Does anyone have any knoweldge of what it might be? Thanks for your time.

Re: Looking for help with grinding noise
Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:17 PM
maybe your pads are dragging??? check for smoke, smells, and see if the rotor is hot. if so... take it all apart and see whats wrong

Sunday, March 20, 2005 12:45 AM
Thats what I first thought, but I have checked so many times it can't be the pads, I thought maybe bearing trouble.
Sunday, March 20, 2005 9:53 AM
It is most likely you wheel bearing. My girlfriend just had the exact same thing on her cav. Grinding rotating noise... gets louder as you speed up. Solution was the wheel bearing.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search