Pacesetter Header - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pacesetter Header
Friday, March 18, 2005 8:48 AM
Online it says the Pacesetter header does not come with header bolts. Can i reuse the stock ones?

Re: Pacesetter Header
Friday, March 18, 2005 9:13 AM
It's hardly ever a good idea to reuse stock bolts when your puttin on aftermarket parts. They would probably work but I think you'd be better off buyin some new ones. It's really up to you, but if it were me i would open up my wallet and buy new bolts.
Friday, March 18, 2005 11:22 AM
agreed, go to the hardware store and do it right

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Friday, March 18, 2005 2:29 PM
Ok what should i pick up?

Friday, March 18, 2005 6:26 PM
You dont need new nuts for the header. Save your money. The stock exhaust manifold is attached with studs coming from the cylinder head; remove the nuts. Install the new. Email me if you have any other Q's or need to buy one, we have a couple in stock.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Friday, March 18, 2005 7:58 PM
AlkinFox wrote:It's hardly ever a good idea to reuse stock bolts when your puttin on aftermarket parts. They would probably work but I think you'd be better off buyin some new ones. It's really up to you, but if it were me i would open up my wallet and buy new bolts.

you can reuse nuts and bolts on a lot of aftermarket parts. the only ones cant reuse are the ones that are torqued to use only once, like the head bolts. If you can use them again, then use them.
Saturday, March 19, 2005 2:29 PM
yeah i have a pacesetter and used the nuts again. As long as they're not a beat and chewed up you should be alright. I havent had any problems.

Absolute Finest President
Hit us up at www.AbsoluteFinest.org
also checkout www.cnfxperformance.com

Saturday, March 19, 2005 3:31 PM
crackajax wrote:
AlkinFox wrote:It's hardly ever a good idea to reuse stock bolts when your puttin on aftermarket parts. They would probably work but I think you'd be better off buyin some new ones. It's really up to you, but if it were me i would open up my wallet and buy new bolts.

you can reuse nuts and bolts on a lot of aftermarket parts. the only ones cant reuse are the ones that are torqued to use only once, like the head bolts. If you can use them again, then use them.

yea but their exhast bolts, i would never reuse old exhast bolts.

-Borsty
Saturday, March 19, 2005 8:21 PM
Ok what size bolts should i pick up?

Sunday, March 20, 2005 1:36 PM
Take the old one into the hardware store,find a bolt that goes into the nut, and that is the correct size replacement nut you will need.

Sunday, March 20, 2005 2:38 PM
How would one drive to the store with no exhaust manifold? Keep in mind some of us don't own multiple vehicles.

02 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon

Sunday, March 20, 2005 4:04 PM
so if the car is newer it should be fine to reuse the stock bolts? mine is a 2003 and im getting the pacesetter header in a couple weeks.

Sunday, March 20, 2005 4:18 PM
Andrew Rodger wrote:How would one drive to the store with no exhaust manifold? Keep in mind some of us don't own multiple vehicles.
just take one out, drive to the store get what ya need. not rocket science.... although i agree, just go ahead and reuse the suds/nuts, i did when i did mine last week. the manifold isn't a high stress part
Monday, March 21, 2005 12:06 AM
Yea but i do know my friend has a header and he had to remove it for his smog and once again for going in for waranty work at the dealer. Well a couple got rather stripped and basically he couldnt get the damn thing off conventionally. I would just buy new ones. but its up to you and by no means necessary

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search