96 Z24 - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
96 Z24
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 10:16 AM
hey i just bought a 96 Z24 manual. i know a little about these cars but more about older muscle cars. so what are some good modz i could do to it. i allready bougt some rims and also a wing and a cold air intake. so some one help me how hard are they to lower by your self? and would it be worth it to turbo if it allready has 100,000 miles? also do strut bars make that much of a difference.
matt

Re: 96 Z24
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 10:28 AM
Quote:

so some one help me how hard are they to lower by your self?

never did that. had someone lower my car. but if you have tools and know what your doing, go for it.
but if you do lower, get some aftermarket shocks to go with your lowering springs. Konis are best IMO

Quote:

and would it be worth it to turbo if it allready has 100,000 miles?

thats a tricky one. people have done it before. just they upgrade the internals. but i guess it comes down to on what shape the engine is in. i suggest reading more about turbos before buying one.

Quote:

also do strut bars make that much of a difference.

yes. i have bars in front and rear. its great

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 11:22 AM
Lowering cavaliers is really easy( if you need detail insturctions email me). I did mine in one day. But before you invest more $ into this car make sure your engine is in good shape. I would do engine maintenance first before you buy anything else. I personally wouldn turbo the car, because you have no idea how the previous owner treated the engine. Most likely they beat the piss out of it before they turned it in. But as I always say READ MY SIG!!!

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 12:11 PM
what kind of spoiler did you get?

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 8:52 AM
its a bomz type S i think. its a little gaudy right now. but as soon as i spring comes around i will have my rims on. gimme some time and i have some pics posted
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 6:02 PM
If you're getting the intake, consider getting a bigger throttle body (59mm or whatever), and bump up the exhaust system with a performance header, up-size your pipe to 2.25", a highflow cat., and performance muffler. Resonator is optional. I wouldn't recommend a turbo on an egine with 100k miles on it, like what was said before, you don't know how well taken care of the car was before. Plus to do turbo, there's a lot that goes with it if you want to do it right, such as lowering the compression in the engine for more boost, the internals throughout the engine, fuel delivery, so on and so forth. Basically don't just slap a turbo on it.

Absolute Finest President
Hit us up at www.AbsoluteFinest.org
also checkout www.cnfxperformance.com

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 7:27 PM
well i congratulate you.....you just got your car....and you already made your first mistake with the aluminum spoiler...its ok hang around here and you will learn....

oh and the most important thing when your new .....ask questions before you spend

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 10:53 PM
does anyone have a recomendation for good struts for a 98' cavy?
Friday, March 25, 2005 10:50 PM
read the suspension forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search