dynomax muffler? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
dynomax muffler?
Thursday, March 31, 2005 9:25 PM
How are the dynomax mufflers, for performance.......... i know you wont see a gain from just a muffler but with a full cat-back system how would it compare to other mufflers on the market?

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it

Re: dynomax muffler?
Friday, April 01, 2005 10:16 AM
No matter if you have a cat back or not, a muffler does not contribute to performance, its the piping and high flow parts that do.

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.

Cannon fodder is my daddy.
Friday, April 01, 2005 10:23 AM
I have the dynomax ultra flow welded on my car along with a 2.25 catback and a thrush glasspack in place4 of the factory resonator and no cat oh and an OBX header, im very happy with the performance i picked up and love the sound, alittle deeper tone than most 4 bangers.

Very good muffler for the money IMO.

Mike

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492. Oh, Its just a stock V6!

1999 Cavalier Coupe, daily driver, 2200/M5. Mods and pics are in my registry.

Fully built turbo 2200 in progress, should be installed very soon. Will post details as they happen.
Support the site that supports your habit, Go Premium.
Friday, April 01, 2005 11:15 AM
Lawnmowerracer:

I am going to have to disagree. I if a car has 2.25in mandrel bend like mine does and then all of a sudden the workes its way to a oval muffler with baffles or whatever...rather then a straight through muffler then i would think there would be a SMALL difference. not necessarly noticeable but still.........

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Monday, April 04, 2005 9:38 PM
Hi. I'm new to this forum, and this is my first post. But I have a lot of experience with Dynomax and here is my opinion...

I have used Dynomax Super Turbo's on several of my cars. My first was on an 86 Dayton Turbo Z almost 15 years ago. My decision at that time was based purely on a muffler comparison test that Turbo magazine had done at that time. Dynomax had out-flowed all other brands (including Flowmaster and a what straight-through's were available at that time) in both CFM and horsepower gains, so they rated it number one. Of course straight-throughs at the time had inward facing perferations which restricted flow. But anyway, my Daytona was set it up with a complete cat-back exhaust and I noticed an immense difference in power over stock. And it was fairly nice sounding. A deep-melow tone.

Nowadays I think the power gain of a straight as compared to a Dynomax is very negligable as compared to the sound difference in quality. I have never been the "listen to my exhaust coming down the street" kind of person. If that's you, I highly recommend Dynomax if you are going to use any kind of muffler at all. It gives good performance, a pretty good tone and is pretty cheap.

Hope this helps! :-)
Thursday, April 07, 2005 7:34 AM
If you really want to decide how a muffler is going to work, find out its cfm capacity. There is a formula to figure it out. Was in Popular hot rodding or one of those mags like a month ago. The equation can also tell you how big you need your pipe, since bigger dosent mean better... Unless your a Civic, then you need a 5" exhaust to compensate for all the horsepower the thirty stickers make....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search