running no cat - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
running no cat
Friday, April 01, 2005 11:48 AM
i have a 2001 pontiac sunfire 2200 and i recently removed the cat now i am running straight pipe . my question is are all o2 simulaters the same . rk sport wants 65 dollars and high rev motor sports wants 55 . are they the exact same thing ? i need somethin to get rid of the check engine light . thanks for any information .

Re: running no cat
Friday, April 01, 2005 12:12 PM
my advise, pay the extra 10 bucks from rk sport, or go to http://www.aplusperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=193_140&products_id=2177 ya high rev might be only 55, but it may or may not take them FOREVER to get it to you... read around about high rev's recent reputation... go with jason at A+ VERY REPUTABLE

Friday, April 01, 2005 12:37 PM
ok its bout the same price at rk sport and a plus. well thanks for the info . and do these 02 simulaters really work ? it says it will increase power by 15 horespower and 25 flbs of torque. is this true?
Friday, April 01, 2005 2:05 PM
The 2nd O2 is only for emission purpuse. You won't gain anything from the simulator and you will LOOSE from not having a cat unless you have a turbo.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Friday, April 01, 2005 2:06 PM
yup yup, i agree, ya need the cat for the back pressure, but i wasn't going to argue it,,, it has been said enough...

Friday, April 01, 2005 3:29 PM
i don't know i can argue that too . it got more top end and i dynoed it before and after the cat and i gained 7 horsepower and 2 lbs feet of torque. now i just want to get the cel off .
Saturday, April 02, 2005 10:43 AM
Why dont you just get a carsound highflow cat from ebay for 55 bucks?You wont have to worry about a check engine light,and your car wont sound like crap.

Peter
'06 Cobalt ss/sc W/G85 Package
Gm Stage II W/2.79" Pulley
K&N Drop In Filter
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Sunday, April 03, 2005 7:30 AM
i removed my cat since i have nitrous but it seemed to help some all motor i think but never had time to dyno it. I do have the simulator from highrevmotorsports and it works great.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search