which should i do first performace or lowering? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
which should i do first performace or lowering?
Friday, April 01, 2005 10:08 PM
Well I've got a 2005 ls sport with about 4,000 on it so far...I have got a B&M shift plus, muffler and a AEM CAI...I was thinking about going mounts and a pacesetter header, but then I began to think about warranty reasons...which would be best to do first go on with performance and get mounts? or just put that off for a little while around 15,000 and get my car lowerd? From expierence which do you guys beleieve is the best route?

Re: which should i do first performace or lowering?
Saturday, April 02, 2005 9:29 AM
dont worry about warrenty. look up the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Improvement Act. lets say something goes wrong with your engine, and the dealship tries to blame what ever went wrong on your AEM CAI. they would have to prove that the intake caused the problem. i know of a guy that put a nitrous kit on his 04 cav. the engine blew up so he took it back to the dealship since it was under warrenty. the dealship blamed the nitrous, i mean who wouldn't right? the owner of the car brought the warranty act that i mentioned. the dealship later found out that the oil pump went bad. so they replaced his engine for free since it was still under warranty and the nitrous was not the problem.

anyways, enough of that. well what do you want to do? lower the car and get rid of that ugly wheel gap? make it handle better? or add the mounts and header and get a little more power

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, April 02, 2005 2:26 PM
it kinda depends on you money situation..if you have the money to lower with decent parts..id do that first...if money is tight ( like in my case)...get the header and mounts

Saturday, April 02, 2005 3:17 PM
l
o
w
e
r
it

Re: which should i do first performace or lowering
Saturday, April 02, 2005 5:33 PM
Hotrodding's first law- Fast first, looks second.

Ricer's first law- Make it look goofy and put a muffler on the stock engine.

You decide.

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Saturday, April 02, 2005 5:44 PM
^^^ Um ok. A muffler can help the motor breath better increasing performance.

ANyway. A decent drop will make the car look and handle better. JUst be sure its a good setup. SPrings/coilovers and struts.

A good suspension setup will cost more than a header and mounts. THink about that also. So some more performance may be easier for you to get ahold of.

I am all that is man

Saturday, April 02, 2005 6:03 PM
Still, bette put a CAI and then muffler so it goes fast, ya know?

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Saturday, April 02, 2005 6:13 PM
Well i will have enough money next month for a great suspension setup I'm going to lower it about 1.4" if i do at all, but the reason I was wondering about the mounts and the header was because either this summer or next summer I am wanting to put a nitrous wet kit on it. I love power but I was just wanting everybody opinion on which route would be the best. I want the car to perform well all around, I'm not into autcross or anyting just a streetable car..I plan on going to the track sometimes though.
Saturday, April 02, 2005 9:40 PM
Horsepower = Noise
Noise != Horsepower
I asked the same question a couple months ago, I decided to do the suspension first because it makes the car more "fun" to drive, then when I have the money to do the performance right I will.
Right now Im in the process of installing the Koni Sport Kit, (springs and Koni yellows) I will probabally order the sway and strut bars soon, then oh what to do about horsepower ??

Goodluck

Sunday, April 03, 2005 1:24 AM
I would say suspension because you can get some what of a performance gain from the right suspension set up..... If you get the right suspesion then your take off from stop could get better and your speed out of corners could def. improve. So, in a way lowering a car could "almost" be considered a performance gain. This is just my opinion. I know that there are many people on here who my think dif.. I am not talking from experience because I did just the total oposite and went for performance first. But, because of my choice I still suffer from things such as wheel hop, having to slow WAY down when cornering ect... Plus any Jbody looks sooo much better without the factory wheel gap!!!! I just ordered a complete suspension set up from Gravana Tuning and I am just waiting to get it and get it put on.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 11:25 AM
well i can careless about performance so i say lower it. lowered cars look hot if done right w/ a nice set of wheels

Sunday, April 03, 2005 11:41 AM
If you're gonna go fast, a better suspension will also help with that.
also depends on if gonna wanna autox or not. I say suspension first, helps with looks and will help in the long run when you start doing major performance mods

Sunday, April 03, 2005 4:09 PM
Thank you guys, I'm thinking about getting the eibachs which will drop it to 1.4" all around since I live in the country and all...but I'm still wondering about struts I was thinking sinec I wasn't going to go past 1.5" i would go with Tokiko HP's? Would this be a good choice or should I look into a set of KYB AGX? I won't be autoxing...the car is mainly my daily driver for righ tnow.
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 1:18 PM
i lowered my daily driver and i love the way it looks now. i suggest this first. now i am reaching the performance stage of the car.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 5:17 PM
the KYB AGX struts will be good for a 1.4 inch drop

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 5:42 PM
KYB AGX and the Eibach Pro-Kit is a perfect match. Email us if you would like to order both as a "set" we can save you some.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search