can you have a header without motor mounts? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
can you have a header without motor mounts?
Saturday, April 02, 2005 7:49 PM
Well I have a 2005 cavalier ls sport, and just as the subject states can you have a pacesetter ceramic coated header with the ball joint without motor mounts? would they crack?

Re: can you have a header without motor mounts?
Saturday, April 02, 2005 9:34 PM
Without upgrading motormounts or you want to take the motor mounts off completely?
Sunday, April 03, 2005 12:58 AM
I just put my top motor mount insert in last night and I going to put the bottom replacement mount in tonight because I am having my Pacesetter header put on Tuesday!!!! Just adding the top mount insert made a huge difference because know the motor is not as sloppy. I could see how putting a header on without mounts could be bad because it puts too much strain on things if your motor is trying to move all over the place. If the motor can't "role" then it eliminates the worry about breaking your exaust. Hope this helps!

Sunday, April 03, 2005 7:15 AM
i definetly recommend getting the mounts BEFORE you put on the header. If you dont get the mounts make sure you have a flex pipe otherwise your header will probably crack due to engine movement. But i definetly recommend the mounts, nicer launch, a lil more torque that isn't lost and for you're engine will sound a lil nicer(dunno why but it does). If you're concerned about vibrations just use some dynamat on the spots that vibrate under the dash.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search