New Owner :o) - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Owner :o)
Saturday, April 02, 2005 7:39 AM
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Heather and as of Easter Sunday I am proud owner of a 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier. It's a two door, 2.2 4 cylinder, and 5 speed. One of my friends was slowly working on it but he bought a Mustang. I don't think he wanted to sell it but I am grateful he did. So for $1,500 I purchased the Cavalier with the current modifications. Z3 fiberglass fenders, 17" Hokuto Racing rims (although I may sell for a different style.), Terminator 2 wing with 3rd brake light, cold air intake, and altezzas. The only draw back to all of this was it didn't come with any bumpers. I look forward to getting to know everyone and sharing input on the Cavalier. Hopefully it will look as good as some of the ones I have seen on here. Here are a few pictures that I took of the Cavalier as I bought it.

Talk to ya later,
Heather :o)

Re: New Owner :o)
Saturday, April 02, 2005 7:49 AM
hey not a bad prject car.. but i dont like the wing on it

Saturday, April 02, 2005 9:31 AM
id say get rid of the wing, get some z24 bumpers for it, get them painted along with the fenders and then lower it. it look sweet

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, April 02, 2005 2:09 PM
sweet welcome....lose the wing and get some stock tail lights or some 96-99 toyota tails and youll be off to a great start

Not unintentionally accelerating since 2009!!!!

Saturday, April 02, 2005 3:19 PM
trash the wing. you got a good start going so your ahead of the game. id get the toyota tails i like them alot. if i had a cavy id get those tails!

Saturday, April 02, 2005 3:20 PM
o-ya, and fill out your profile before you get flamed!!!!

Saturday, April 02, 2005 4:25 PM
looks good, and since theres no bumpers, u got the perfect excuse to put a fbody kit on it, keep up updated

Saturday, April 02, 2005 5:41 PM
Nice car. Get sume good bumpers and lower it. Don't worry about the wheels untill you finish the car. And my favorite quote (which applys to you)

Quote:

If you don't go fast enough to use the wing, dont put it on[/Quotre}

Put on a spoiler, Z24 style. Good progect car, and goos luck Heather!

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Sunday, April 03, 2005 1:56 AM
ok heres what you should do.......and yes im known to make big lists

- since your already in the market for bumpers...get aftermarket not stock
- lose the altezzas for some stock tails or toyota cav tails
- lose the spoiler...way too big and doesnt flow at all
- paint the mirrors and door handles
- lose the cavalier z22 graphics on the sides as there is no such thing as z22
- remove all of the chevrolet bowties and emblems
- is that blue tint?
- lower it
- rims dont flow that well good choice on trading them for something else
- remove the side moldings
- since you already have no antenna ( probably because the spoiler wiped it out when the trunk opened) either have a body shop shave it off or put a short antenna on there after you take off that wing
- before you get the mirrors painted you need to PUT a mirror on the passenger side
- properly attach the inner tail lights with self threading nuts because they are hanging out a little and will get water in them and look worse than they already do

this is just a few suggestions off the top of my head...with more pictures ill give ya more input

Sunday, April 03, 2005 5:43 AM
Thank you for all the suggestions. I am on the market for a body kit. I was thinking the Drift Kit. Through other suggestions on this site I am going to order through Tabasco Racing. I planned on shaving everything. I am at a crossroads with the wing. I like it but at the same time I don't. I will have to wait and see how I feel when the car gets more complete. I also don't like the altezzas. I was thinking about the carbon fiber tails. Also the door reads "Cavalier Z-12" not 22. Not sure what all that means but yes it was going to get removed regardless. Again thanks for all the suggestions and hopefully with everybodies tips I will turn my Cavy into a head spinner.

Heather :o)
Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:39 AM
welcome to the Org, congrats on the purchase.

Same name, your b-days a day before mine, your dream car is a year before mine and I too have been workin on cars since around 10-11.... all cool, but kinda freaky

since you're in the market for bumpers, i'd suggest going through local junkyards and looking for some 00+ headlights w/ harness and just buy an 00+ kit. Really easy way to update the look of the ride, and kits seem to look an flow better with the bigger headlights.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 10:21 AM
Watch out for this one ^^

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search