problems with my 2.2 - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
problems with my 2.2
Monday, April 04, 2005 12:18 PM
hello to all right now i have a 2.2 cavalier i love this car a lot and really don't want to sell it but as of now it is giving me some problems i am getting a lot of hesitation when applying the throttle and at low idles i am cutting off. i have installed a venom module,jet module,pacesetter headers, 2 1/2 inch piping all the way back including the cat 8.5 spark plug wires and bosh 4 plugs and i am at a wall any help would be great.

Re: problems with my 2.2
Monday, April 04, 2005 12:33 PM
get rid of the bosh+4 plugs, go back to delco plats. get rid of the jet mod. and the venom mod. i am sure they are casusing you to run so rich, thats it is not even funny! and or you need to increase the air flow in, to ballance it out... what other mods have you done? intake? tb? IMO just get rid of the two modules, and it should smooth it out...

Monday, April 04, 2005 12:40 PM
i second that , take em off and see what happens.

Monday, April 04, 2005 1:01 PM
Run fuel injector cleaner, $5 bucks and u dont even have to take off all your silly mods

Monday, April 04, 2005 1:10 PM
Wow, Jet module and venom module. Waste of like $700. Both were dyno'd to gain less than 1hp (somebody could have farted in front of the intake to gain the 1hp on the second run).

Take off the junk, it'll run better.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, April 04, 2005 3:41 PM
thanks i had a feeling that that could have been it but with all the money that i spent in it i guess i just wanted to think it was making my car faster and yes i do have a cold air intake i had to modify it a little and it comes straight from the tb but the help was great.
Monday, April 04, 2005 3:44 PM
and another thing is it likely for the the 2.2 to hit 240hp with out putting a lot of money into it, well i know i will turbo it and all but i mean is it better to get the numbers i want if i get the z24 or is my goal able to be reached?
Monday, April 04, 2005 4:30 PM
go w/ a z24, althought 2200 blocks are cheap as hell ive seen them for $300 for one w/ 65k on it around here a dozen of times

Monday, April 04, 2005 6:11 PM
i agree...lose the venom & jet modules...also have heard ALOT of people here complaining about those bosch +4 plugs...for some reason they dont seem to do well in Js.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search