Need some advices for my car!!! - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need some advices for my car!!!
Thursday, April 07, 2005 9:08 PM
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and don't know a lot of things about cars modifications (actually I'm studying to become a mechanic but don't know a lot of thing about it) . I have a 2005 Sunfire 2.2 ecotec and I want some advices about modifications (What should I put in it). I don't know if someone else post about that before, if yes then sorry for spwaning). I was thinking about a CAI, a bigger exhaust and a pipe. Those things is only the beggining (also cause I'll need to get some more $$$ in to do anything else). I know that there's people here with a lot more knowledges than me so it will be handy to have some help.

Re: Need some advices for my car!!!
Thursday, April 07, 2005 9:32 PM
turbo and nitro.

Friday, April 08, 2005 8:53 AM
turbo and nitrous oxide will definitely do the trick but that's not too cheap. i don't have any performance mods on my ecotec, but from the advice that's been given to me, i'm gonna suggest bolt-ons first. basically anything that is something you just add is a bolt-on; intake, exhaust, etc. hit up the performance forum for more info. and welcome to the org .

Friday, April 08, 2005 10:11 AM
hey all,i'm new here also and well first off this place is great .Secondly i want to mod my car also and was wondering what to put into it.My dad will probably be helping me since he knows...well a crapload more than i do about cars. I wouldn't want to put a turbo or supercharger in it right off.Same goes for nitro.This car is my only car and i use it to go every where, but i also want to get alot of performance out of it. Only sort of racing i'd be doing is racing if some A hole rides up on my side and thinks he/she can take me .Engine/Exhaust, Tranny, Suspension, Tires, ect. I want it all. I don't have the $$$$ right now but i'll prolly make a list of stuff and check into it. So brand names and crap would be great. Remember i'm a newb so alot of the terminology i don't know. Explain if you can .

You can IM me on any of the IM clients i have thats listed on my homepage here. Im usually invisible on Yahoo though. Also some stuff on a sound system and light body kits also(carbon fiber ones?). Lastly if anyone has got questions about computers outside of cars, ask me and i'll probably know the answer .
Friday, April 08, 2005 6:30 PM
I was just kidding about the turbo and nitrus. anyway, What MFX reccommended is good advice!

Welcome to both of you!

Ramon: don't thread crap (that is posting a new question of your own in somebody else's thread) it's annoying to the starter.
For what you are asking, I would browse the performance forum and the other forums here and read what you can. this way, you will learn what is best for you since everybody has different tastes. hope you guys have fun!

Friday, April 08, 2005 6:46 PM
no @!#$! that was a thread jack from hell!!! as for danny. you just need to asablish a plan, and go with it... it will save you money, and re-doing things in the long run... and if you want more go, just start in the performance forum, and red everything, then search older posts for diffrent details, 90% of ?'s have been answered well,,,

Sunday, April 10, 2005 7:45 AM
alright i'll do my best to not thread stuff here.
Sunday, April 10, 2005 3:02 PM
thx for your help

Monday, April 11, 2005 8:39 AM
By the way, I need again some others advices :

Car : 2005 Sunfire 2.2 ecotec
Color : Orange fusion metallic

1 - Cold Air Intake ( I know they all do the same thing, but wich one do you recommend)

2 - Headers ( Same thing here)

3 - Exhaust ( What's the best size for it ( I was thinking about 2'' 1/4))

4 - Pipe (Even If I already know what I'll put there)

I'll start with that, the rest of the mods will follow as the cash get in (and as I get the knowledges to do it)

Monday, April 11, 2005 8:41 AM
Oh by the way I changed my nick it's not a thread jacking

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 10:09 PM
finally, I bought the very first mods for my car, an AEM cold air intake, and a Vibrant exhaust with a pipe. But I still don't have headers for my 2005 sunfire 2.2 ecotec, does anyone know where can I get it???

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 6:32 AM
I have heard this question alot of times since I have first on here in 1998. This is just my opinion after modding 3 cavaliers (2 Z24's and 1 2.2L). Save your money and buy the big things such as Body Kit, Turbo Kit, Lowering kits, and a Nice set of wheels 17 to 19 inches. These things will change your car quickly. OH and buy Brand name items. I have tried going cheap plenty of times and I get disappointed almost everytime. Just my 2 cents

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 6:35 AM
welcome to the site-
as for headers im not sure where to look, but there are tons of sites out there- gravanatuning.com, highrevmotorsports.com, rksport.com check out these places, or check in the performance section- the search button is also handy- good luck on the car-

cardomain page

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 8:06 AM
thx guys

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 3:44 PM
you should have gotten a white car-- they are faster because they don't have as much paint on the lol

i believe that there is a group purchase going on some pacesetter headers in the group purchase forum... might want to check that out. just so you know they are 4-1 headers, not 4-2-1 headers. I don't know what the difference is, but from what i hear, 4-2-1 headers are better.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 8:29 PM
cold air intake installed and i like the sound of it, can't wait to install the exhaust

thx again 4 the help

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search