what to pick? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what to pick?
Sunday, April 10, 2005 4:25 PM
Im kinda stuck on what to do with my car. i was originally just going to keep my 90 Pontiac Sunbird SE and customize it with turbo, body kit etc. But after realizing that it would probly cost me upwards of 5 grand to get my car the way I wanted I thought with that money I could put a down payment on a new car. I was thinking of the Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged. What do you guys think I should do? Keep my old bird or just go and buy a new car?

Re: what to pick?
Sunday, April 10, 2005 4:27 PM
i pick......not double posting

Sunday, April 10, 2005 4:32 PM
oh @!#$, how did that happen..

Sunday, April 10, 2005 4:33 PM
go with the cobalt SS man
Sunday, April 10, 2005 4:43 PM
get a newer J. like on 05. you can install a supercharger on that and get more power than what the Slowbalt....i mean Cobalt is putting out

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, April 10, 2005 5:14 PM
Hairy Blackdude wrote:dont put 5grand into a 90s sunbird, please..

You know man, I don't think anyone cares about your input, so just don't post. It'll be easier.

Tim

Sunday, April 10, 2005 9:36 PM
new car. i own a sunbird, and its gettin junked tommarow, hell yes.

hairy blackguy, kill yourself.

-Borsty
Sunday, April 10, 2005 9:45 PM
no reason to put that much money into a car like that....sorry but ive never been a fan of the 1st or 2nd gens...i think the body lines on them are horible

Monday, April 11, 2005 8:27 AM
i would buy a new cavy then fix that up cuz u will be better off in the long run
Monday, April 11, 2005 8:36 AM
Yep get a newer cav or sunfire then do as you will, cheaper than a cobalt to...

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Monday, April 11, 2005 11:17 AM
I dunno, I was also thinking on the Dodge SRT4, they look really nice and I heard that they are hella fast.

Monday, April 11, 2005 9:58 PM
Import Killer wrote:I dunno, I was also thinking on the Dodge SRT4, they look really nice and I heard that they are hella fast.

if your looking for speed and a car to mod performance wise get the srt4, get the cobalt if you think it looks better. get a cavalier if you dont have enough money, keep your car if you really dont have enough money.
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 7:43 AM
Import Killer wrote:I dunno, I was also thinking on the Dodge SRT4, they look really nice and I heard that they are hella fast.

We just bought a new SRT 4 last Saturday. It's a really nice car, although we haven't really been able to open it up or anything (Moderate driving is recommended for the first 300 miles, and we have less than 200 miles on it) Plus it has more HP for about the same price. Unfortuneatly, with the SRT4, you aren't really going to find many (if any) rebates on it. We lucked out and found an 04 with 30 miles on it with sunroof, and side impact bags for $18K. They wanted $20K for the 05.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 5:55 PM
the new cavaliers and sunfires are really really ugly looking. FYI, I think the 2nd gen were the best jbodies built, well for looks that is. 3rd gen just looks doofy...no offense to the 3rd gen guys, its just my opinion

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search