Body Kits and Bad Road Conditions... - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Body Kits and Bad Road Conditions...
Monday, April 11, 2005 7:31 AM

Ok I have a question for you all. I'm looking to get this Street Firebody kit for my 2003 Sunfire. Only big question I have is that the roads in my area are very hilly and bumpy. I also drive to New York City every weekend and face lots of pot holes when I go there. I manage to avoid most of them but I still catch the occassional pot hole. I'm worried that if I got the body kit there would be a big chance it could crak or break when when I hit a dip or pot hole. What kind of solutions would help me with this situation. I really want the body kit. I just don't want it to break the same week I get it. Would also like to lower my car a little bit... not extremely low, but just enough to notice it. Would be glad to hear any suggestions you guys can give me so that I could add this body kit to my car without having to worry about it breaking everytime I drive the car..., or is the body kit completely out of the question for me with these road conditions. They're not extremely bad roads, but there are a few bumps around town and along the way to the big city that I would be very cautious about.

Re: Body Kits and Bad Road Conditions...
Monday, April 11, 2005 7:52 AM
That kit is a urethane plastic just like the stock bumpers and will flex (not break) if it gets hit. If you are looking to order it, get it from http://www.carcustoms.net and you get free shipping.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, April 11, 2005 7:53 AM
you can always get a beater car for when you drive to New York. or just go real slow over those holes

for lowering, the eibach pro kit and AGX shocks are a good combo

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, April 11, 2005 8:24 AM
bodykits and bumps/pot holes dont mix @ all all i can say is spend extra money a get a urathane body kit and or stiffen suspension
Monday, April 11, 2005 8:35 AM
james galbraith wrote:bodykits and bumps/pot holes dont mix @ all all i can say is spend extra money a get a urathane body kit and or stiffen suspension

Did you read any of what I said, or do any research on that kit? It IS urethane...

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 7:22 PM
the street fire kits strong stuff. i got hit and the kit just flexed. it bent the heck out of the fenders but the bumper cover was fine. a little parking lot accident. my drive way has a little curb entrance and the front barely clears and i've hit it kinda hard after a night of drinking trying to get in the drive. you'll have good luck with it.
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 7:54 PM
get air ride so you can lift it in the city or around pots and then lower it back down.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search