some what not sure how to word this...... - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
some what not sure how to word this......
Thursday, April 21, 2005 6:28 AM
hey guys been here awhile but i guess this could be a newb question. ok first off whats the difference between bore and strock? the reason i ask this is the 2.0 cobalt ss supercharger motor Bore is 86.00 mm and Stroke 86.00 mm blah blah but i am really intersted in is the intake manifold off of the 2.0 will it fit to a 2.2 eco since its essentially the same motor....since venom is taking so long to make a aftermarket intake manifold i was thinking of using the 2.0 one because its a little stronger than stock.....any info on this

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Re: some what not sure how to word this......
Thursday, April 21, 2005 7:30 AM
Bore is the diameter of the cylinder, stroke is how far up and down the piston travels.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, April 21, 2005 7:47 AM
03lssportblue wrote:the reason i ask this is the 2.0 cobalt ss supercharger motor Bore is 86.00 mm and Stroke 86.00 mm blah blah but i am really intersted in is the intake manifold off of the 2.0 will it fit to a 2.2 eco since its essentially the same motor....since venom is taking so long to make a aftermarket intake manifold i was thinking of using the 2.0 one because its a little stronger than stock.....any info on this

How are you going to use the intake manifold of the SS Supercharged when it has a roots blower attatched to it??

Thursday, April 21, 2005 7:51 AM
LowFire wrote:
03lssportblue wrote:the reason i ask this is the 2.0 cobalt ss supercharger motor Bore is 86.00 mm and Stroke 86.00 mm blah blah but i am really intersted in is the intake manifold off of the 2.0 will it fit to a 2.2 eco since its essentially the same motor....since venom is taking so long to make a aftermarket intake manifold i was thinking of using the 2.0 one because its a little stronger than stock.....any info on this

How are you going to use the intake manifold of the SS Supercharged when it has a roots blower attatched to it??

is it permanitly attached to the intake manifold...well my reason of thinking is i am building a pretty bad a$$ motor for my 03 and the only weak part possible going bad i could see is the intake manifold because its a hard plastic so i was thinking of getting the intake manifold off of the 2.0 ss motor then i would be all set up

shifted--thanks for helping to understand a little more how that all works.

Thursday, April 21, 2005 8:00 AM
I honestly don't know if it's permanently attatched

Even if it is not, you take of the roots blower and all you are left with is the intake runners

Your "plenum" is gone, meaning you have nowhere to mount your throttle body, sensors, etc

Why not just use the supergharger if the motor is going to be built?

Thursday, April 21, 2005 8:14 AM
well i am planning for my first motor trying to see how much power i could get all motor with no power adder then later on building a motor with the charger ( hopefully by then the charger will be out) so thats why i was asking about the manifold but thats a good point hmmmm lots of empty space. o well back to the drawing board.

thanks for the comments

Thursday, April 21, 2005 8:56 AM
Yes, as far as I know, the 2.0 S/C replaces the intake manifold just like it does on the 2.4, and pretty much every other gm vehicle with a roots S/C

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search