pacesetter header - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pacesetter header
Thursday, April 21, 2005 9:39 AM
Does this header worth the money??? cause I heard from the guy at the performance shop that it's cheap. And those it fit on my 05 sunfire?

Re: pacesetter header
Thursday, April 21, 2005 9:46 AM
I was thinking about buying the DC Sports one(449.99$), but want to be sure before!!

Thursday, April 21, 2005 9:50 AM
make sure its the ceramic coated header and not the plain steal one

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, April 21, 2005 12:42 PM
i have one i love it put its a bit of a pain to install

Thursday, April 21, 2005 5:31 PM
I bought a header for my Talons 4G63 and my 2.2L sunfire. They aren't worth it at all. the gaskets they sent for may Talon where foam and they said "92 Camaro" on the box.
My Sunfire had no gasket and the bolt set said "Mustang". The header pipes do not line up with the head at all and in the case of my Talon, they where smaller then OEM. Pacesetter is a joke and I do not recamend them to anyone.

Team Tach Out
Http://www.team-tachout.com/
Falmouth,VA
Friday, April 22, 2005 9:07 AM
um, thats why your supposed to use the STOCK gasket. I have heard nothing but good things about the pacesetter header. i am planning on getting the ceramic coated header for my 2200.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=297265&t=297177#297265

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=296920&t=296824#296920

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=296719&t=296707#296719

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=293994&t=293835#293994

Friday, April 22, 2005 9:15 AM
I had the black ( non ceramic ) coated on my 2200. There was not a thing wrong with it AND it even came with a new gasket. I got it from SummitRacing.com

Really good header , it just looks odd after the paint burns off.

Friday, April 22, 2005 9:43 AM
i have the 4-1 pacesetter i love it the paint burned off after like 1 minute but it still works

2000 Dark metallica green cavalier. (2.2 2200) pace setter 4-1 header, magna flow cat, dual quad tip dtm muffler, 1800 watt stereo with satalite radio, momo 16in rims, from rk sport strut bar, rear vibrant strut bar, indeglow gauge cluster along with matching hvac panel, clear corner lenses, altezz tails, vibrant wai, carbon fiber oem style hood, rsm lightened crank pulley, MSD Ignition coil packs, RSM Vortech Supercharger 8psi

"Disarters are just another star falling in my yard."
Friday, April 22, 2005 10:02 AM
it will fit on my 05 sunfire???

Friday, April 22, 2005 10:32 AM
i have a pacesetter on my 01 Z24, i love it. Flows very well, really helped out my top end and throttle response.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Friday, April 22, 2005 11:21 AM
They make headers for the eco..

http://store.racinglab.com/po02su2ecpap.html

it says 02- 04 but if they havent changed the engine since those years you should be ok.

Sunday, April 24, 2005 12:26 AM
I got the ceramic one.

It's giving me problems sometimes (everytime I drive through a semi-deep puddle, about 5 inches or so, water hits the 02 sensor and causes the CEL to light up) but I just get the code cleared at Autozone and I'm good to go again. I probably could also just re-cycle the motor completely 4 times and it would turn off automatically. Other than that, I love it.

Sunday, April 24, 2005 8:29 AM
the Pacesetter header for the ECOTEC is definitely worth the money. install really wasnt that bad though. I had to cut one of downpipe flange bolts coz it was too long and was hitting in the O2 sensor bung, but other that that, it wasn't too bad. just get the ceramic coated header. i got the regular header, but I knew a guy that ceramic coated it for me really cheap.

Sunday, April 24, 2005 12:01 PM
Thanx guys!!!

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 7:44 PM
I forgot to ask if it change the sound of the car and also the guy at the performance shop told me that it won't last long. I live in Québec (Canada), if it change something about the life of the header...

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 7:03 AM
it will change the sound and will last, just get the ceramic coated one

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 7:33 AM
I got the steel one. I love it great fit. I used my stock gasket which is best to use anyway.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 8:16 AM
So I should go with the pacesetter one and screw the guy at the performance shop? And does the fact that my car will be out the next winter change anything?

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:34 AM
sinrocker wrote:i have the 4-1 pacesetter i love it the paint burned off after like 1 minute but it still works

it's suppose to burn off. it's just a paint they put on to help protect it when they ship it. you're suppose to take that paint off and repaint it yourself whatever color you want.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:55 AM
dotn worry about the guy at the shop. does he specialize in jbodies and their aftermarket parts? didnt think so. this site will be one of your best sources of information for your car.

i would recommend getting the pacesetter ceramic coated header. it only costs a little more than the painted one, and it will stay a nice gray/silver. if youre gonna get a header though, id recommend doing the entire exhaust system. if you dont plan on doing boost or nitrous anytime soon, get your exhaust redone in 2.25" piping. get magnaflow's high flow cat part number 94035 (available at www.justmagnaflow.com) and make sure you get a resonator. the bigger the better. i think they stopped making them, but whatever magnaflow powerpack resonators are left, grab one. then its your choice for a muffler.

Land Pirates sail the open roads
DISCLAIMER: If anything I say offends you, I don't care..wear a helmet. Also, the information
I post is what I know to the best of my knowledge. If I am wrong, please correct me so that
others as well as myself may learn.
Premium sinc 6-17-04
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:28 AM
I already have the exhaust on, Vibrant 2.25" that start after the cat to the muffler and I have a cold air intake. I will get the pacesetter header (ceramic coated). If the paint goes off, you have to repaint it, do you need to get a special paint??? Like a high temp one? And what about the cat, should I get one the same size of the rest of the pipe or it doesnt change anything?

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 8:54 PM
Last question about it, is it easy to install?? What will I have to do to get the stock manifold out (I have an Ecotec). And also which cat should I get to complete the exhaust, the only thing is that it have to be 2.25".

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:45 PM
high flow cat

its easy. if you know what your doing

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:53 PM
thx

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search