need a chip for swap or will an safc suffice. - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need a chip for swap or will an safc suffice.
Monday, May 02, 2005 12:55 PM
they said to get an HO engine swap or HO parts installed in my z24 i need the chip from mantapart to fun my upgrades. they said the ecu wasn't programmed to run the cams. my question is i have an safc laying around here. could i just have that installed instead of spending 250 bucks for a chip that will take 6 months + to get here from mantapart.

I like my engines how i like my women.... rich and a little bit retareded

Re: need a chip for swap or will an safc suffice.
Monday, May 02, 2005 5:08 PM
bump

Monday, May 02, 2005 5:28 PM
dont order from mantapart, you may never get your parts, they are bad news...

Monday, May 02, 2005 5:54 PM
you can check theraceshop.com The race shop

Josh may have a chip for you. I would buy the chip over the SAFC. Don't buy an Ho chip tough. Buy a W41 chip. That way, you can run Ho and W41 cams.

you'll get better timming and fuel curves.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Monday, May 02, 2005 11:10 PM
ok i ask because i already have an safc. just haven't hooked it up yet would it be dumb to get the chip and then hook the safc up. or would it be. pointless?

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 2:34 AM
the chip will take care of everything you need untill you go with boost. Now that I think about it, then Manta/TRS chip are not made to go with boost. So the SAFC will be better. If you go with boost like you plan, find an Ho ecm in a junk yard.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 6:39 AM
ok thanks man. I'm gonna have vertex in NOVA custom fab me a turbo kit. we're supposed to talk sometime today and plan what i need done to my motor for the gains i want. So far i'm looking at some cams, springs, rods, and a cylinder head. lik 7 psi daily, with aroudn 10 for racing. But i jsut had a f-ing set back yesterday. apparently it's 900 dollars to get our water pumps fixed. Damn timing chain driven water pumps. but yeah those are my plans. body work last.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 6:51 AM
Mfk-223 wrote:the chip will take care of everything you need untill you go with boost. Now that I think about it, then Manta/TRS chip are not made to go with boost. So the SAFC will be better. If you go with boost like you plan, find an Ho ecm in a junk yard.

oh i forgot to ask. will a HO ecm run my car accessories alright. or will stuff not work like. such as like other sensors that might be different on my car???

Nos is like a hot chick with STD's,.... You know you wanna hit it but you're afraid of the consequences.....
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 5:36 PM
bump

Nos is like a hot chick with STD's,.... You know you wanna hit it but you're afraid of the consequences.....
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 7:16 PM
I have a 90 Gtz and I've switched to a 92 Scx ecm and the only I lost is the Ac since the other car didn't had it.

I don't know if it would be the same for you but it was plug and play for me.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 8:12 AM
so as long as it has the same features i won't lose anything, you and I have the same wiring harness since, i'm a 95 z24. i guess sometimes it good to have a bastard

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search