flex pipe - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
flex pipe
Saturday, May 07, 2005 4:15 AM
looking into getting a header for my 02 2200, but im not sure about getting the motor mounts because of the vibrations everyone talks about. so I wanted to know where i can get a flex pipe. and if not that , which brand of mounts give the least amount of vibration.

Re: flex pipe
Saturday, May 07, 2005 4:17 AM
also does the stock header have a flex pipe, if so can i use it on an aftermarket header?
Saturday, May 07, 2005 5:12 AM
I have an 02 2200. There is a flex pipe on my stock exhaust manifold, but the down pipe is like 1.5". The flex pipe that stock is barley 2".

If you are going to get a header, which is usually 2.25" or 2.5" opening, you will need a none stock exhaust. To put a header on that has 2.25" diameter, to a stock exhaust that's not near the same size will not do much for performance.

Maybe your stock exhaust is bigger diameter, and won't have any problems. Most 2000+ 2200 have really crappy stock exhaust set up.
Saturday, May 07, 2005 7:34 AM
i got my 2 1/4" flex pipe from exhaustdepot.com, just cut the header extension pipe and weld it in

Saturday, May 07, 2005 9:14 AM
Quote:

which brand of mounts give the least amount of vibration.

they are basically all the same. just different in color and price. and the vibs vary from car to car.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search