transparent paint????? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
transparent paint?????
Sunday, May 08, 2005 8:48 AM
well 2 days ago my buddy ran into my parked car with his astro van... he scratched up my corner light pretty good so instead of buying new ones i was thinkin bout using like a transparent paint to make them a yellowish color. jsut wondering if anyone knows where u can get transparent paint ?cuz ive gone to Wal-mart and Meijer (it think its northern) and they didnt have nothin. well any help would be nice, thanks.

Re: transparent paint?????
Sunday, May 08, 2005 10:01 AM
try translusive paint. its used in stained glass windows. i think you can get it at a craft store

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, May 08, 2005 10:50 AM
another better idea is to go to autozone or anywheres like that i think wal-mart also carrys them but go there and buy the Dupla Cast/Color i orget but any way thats perty close to the brand and the type would be the metal ones where u can anodize stuff but only get the color don't get the metal bottom coat , hey heres the link to what u need ,

Pain But DON"T use the metal one just the color any way hope that helps

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/523131

Sunday, May 08, 2005 1:31 PM
Joe Rillieux aka cavette wrote:another better idea is to go to autozone or anywheres like that i think wal-mart also carrys them but go there and buy the Dupla Cast/Color i orget but any way thats perty close to the brand and the type would be the metal ones where u can anodize stuff but only get the color don't get the metal bottom coat , hey heres the link to what u need ,

Pain But DON"T use the metal one just the color any way hope that helps

Ok I have a question now too, lol... I'm working on modding out my 2003 sunfire, but one of the last things I'm aiming for is a nice set of chrome rims, but like I said I'm waiting for the to be one of the last things I do because of the heavy costs for a full set. I'm looking to paint my factory stock hubcaps so that they have the same kind of look as the one on the right:

--->

What kind of tips can anyone give me?
Monday, May 09, 2005 12:45 AM
lol plz don't do that just take ur hubcaps off and shine the steeles if u MUST mess with them till u get rims that way if u lik ethe shiney black broke tuner look like i have u can keep it if not u can just back on ur hubcaps . if u paint em u'll be stuck with them that color or the black steeles and what if u like neither , just my honest opion tho its ur ride

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/523131

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search