automatic transmission - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
automatic transmission
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 7:08 AM
hey everyone . i have a 01 sunfire 2200 4 speed auto . the 4t40e or somethin . i was wondering how much horespower can that tranny hold ? i plan to hit 350 horespower with my car . i'm going turbo . but right now i'm waiting for my insurance check because some guy hit my car and now i need a new front bumber and fender . so i gonna use the check and buy a body kit and fenders . now the kit is bout 600 and the fenders are bout 200. and my check gonna be around 1400 . so i'm gonna have bout 600 left . what should i buy with that . right now i'm running 2 1/2 inch catback with no cat . and stock header cause theres no point in buying headers if i goin turbo . i have upper and lower motor mount already and my 02 simulater is on the way . i think maybe a auto transceptor should be my next item to buy . when i go turbo i'm gonna buy new pistons , rods , head bolts , port and polish head , boreing the block .20 over , metal head gasket , push rods , camshaft,umm... all the neccesary fuel upgrades , fuel pump , fuel injecters , and what else aould i need that yall see that i'm forgeting? suspension and wheels and tires are the most important thing right now i think i just need to fixe my crushed bumber anf fender.

Re: automatic transmission
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 7:15 AM
forget the kit, just buy a turbo
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 7:22 AM
take a look in the boost forum.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 9:51 AM
its going to take a lot of money to get a 2200 up to 350

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 10:03 AM
BaggedCav98 wrote:its going to take a lot of money to get a 2200 up to 350

exactly

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 10:43 AM
I love how every new person comes in and says they are going to build some huge horsepower amount in their car. Then you never hear from them again.
If you build your car to 350 horses, I will literally eat your front bumper.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 11:48 AM
i been on this forum for 2 years now i never bull@!#$ed anyone on what i was gonna do with my car . if you don't believe i will get 350 horsepower then don't but i have a goal i want to make and i will do what i can to get close to that atleast . if u have passion in fixing up cars to make them fast er but do a motor swap and do not work with the motor u have then u are cheating ur way through this . my car has the 2200 and the 4 speed automatic . i will work and put money t=into what cam into my car to make it fast . i know i can get good number out of it and i know it will cost a lot but i will do it .
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 11:55 AM
So all those Honda guys are cheating.. What about me. My engine isn't the original engine but it's built and will put down around 240 to 250 to the wheels. Please ell this to Raven. His SC 3800 Cavalier is cheating. Please. History has shown that very few (if any) have gotten a 2200 to 350hp. Not trying to be a dick but just ringing the reality bell.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 5:05 PM
yea it cool to have a goal but make it realistic. 350 out of a 2200 is ALOT. your going to need some major work then just a turbo and some ported and polished things. again why does everyone say putting in a different motor doesnt make it the same car? why because they are smart and know the potenital that one motor has over another one. for less money you can put in a 3800 sc series 2 out of grand prix. now im not telling not to try and reach your goal. go head and try, id love to see you get there but its just not realistic

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 5:52 PM
whoa, damn i didnt even check to see what engine he had. i'd be happy with 150hp at the wheels in my 2200. what is karo pushing in his??

as for the engine swap equals cheating. i think not. i look up to the guys that can drop a 3800 V6 SC in to a cavalier. IT TAKES A HELL OF A LOT OF WORK AND TIME!!!

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search