Resetting the ECU? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Resetting the ECU?
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 10:20 AM
did a search and couldnt find anything, i know you should reset the ECU after doing any engine mods like intake etc, anyone know the best way to reset ecu on a 03+ ecotec?

Re: Resetting the ECU?
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 10:23 AM
I did a search and someone had said to disconnect the battery but i cant remember for how long so i would do it for like 30 - 60 min
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 10:23 AM
disconnect the battery for a while..30 minutes is fine. The ECU will then readjust itself to your mods. Also you will lose all of your CD player equalizer presets, stations, etc...so if anything needs to be written down...do that before disconnecting the battery

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 10:24 AM
Disconnect the battery for up to an hour, or if you have a scanner, you can just send a "clear codes" signal to it, and it will reset all the dynamic tables.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 10:27 AM
awesome thanks guys, does it matter which side of the battery i disconnect (neg or pos)?
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 10:36 AM
i think you disconnect the neg

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 10:46 AM
Disconnect the postitive side so the charge has a drain to ground.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 12:00 PM
i dont think i did it right, cause i waited like 45min and when i hooked it up again i still had all my radio presets so i dont think it reset
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 12:16 PM
You disconnect the neg side, electricity flows from - to +....also, whenever you are doing anything you need to disconnect the battery for, disconnect the negative side first, in case your hand slips you will not complete a circut(and send a wrench through your open hood). Give that a try. Or just disconnect both terminals if you are still having problems.

Sam
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 7:30 PM
lol always neg that whta my dad told me and he said be carefull so the wrong ones dont touch
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search