AEM Question?? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AEM Question??
Thursday, May 12, 2005 6:43 PM
Does anyone know if AEM makes a warm-air intake for the 2.2 or 2200's?All i can find are the cold-air ones...I'm just worried about those sucking water if i hit a puddle.

Re: AEM Question??
Thursday, May 12, 2005 8:35 PM
I have had my AEM cold air intake in for over a year now and drove it all winter long and in the rain ect. I have had absolutly no problems. and I know plenty of other ppl who also have it and no problems there either.

you would have to be driving in conditions where the filter was actually sumerged underwater and open the throtle body........I say dont worry about it and go for the full cold air

but I am sure other ppl will tell you otherwise.

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Thursday, May 12, 2005 8:52 PM
You wont have any problems with the aem sucking up water unless you drive thru 12 inches of standing water. Also they only make the cold air for the 2.2.
Check out www.turbotechracing.com we have the AEM intakes on sale

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Thursday, May 12, 2005 10:47 PM
also if you are really worried about it then get the bypass valve. it will robe you of a little power but if prevents what you are worried about but once again I wouldn't be worried

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Friday, May 13, 2005 7:58 PM
Thanks for the info guys, i guess getting water in it isn't as easy as i thought it would be.I'll look in to getting one.
Saturday, May 14, 2005 9:13 AM
I just installed an AEM CAI on my buddie's cavalier. He has a 2000 with the 2200 motor. I was surprised how high up the filter is with respect to the ground. It sits up in the fender actually above the bumper line. You would literally have to drive through a small lake to actually have an issue. Just drive carefully don't be an idiot and you'll be good to go!

Saturday, May 14, 2005 10:07 PM
I love love this site. You guys are alot of help...thanks peeps.

((I don't have a lead-foot, But i wear steel-toes.))
Sunday, May 15, 2005 1:56 AM
yea im not to worried about water i also have a CAI

Monday, May 16, 2005 4:30 PM
Can anyone tell me how the bypass valve works please? And how much HP you loose with it on there, because i'm thinking if you loose too much it might just be as good as going with the warm-air intake. Oh and i'm sorry for so many questions i'm new to the sport compact scene. I used to own a 78' el camino with a 350 sb...those are pretty simple. Anyway, thanks for all the input you guys have given me its been really helpful.

((I don't have a lead-foot, But i wear steel-toes.))
Monday, May 16, 2005 5:00 PM
If you read the FAQ's you'll see that there isn't much of a difference between the amount of power you gain from CAI v. WAI. A bypass valve will cut the amount of air into the engine and therefore you lose power. Personally I think they are a waste of money, power, and time. Don't bother, like I said before the filter sits high up in the fender wall, you would have to completely submerge the filter to suck up enough water to damage your engine, and to do this, you would need a small lake.

Thursday, May 19, 2005 5:51 PM
never heard of a warm air intake.... i have aems cold air intake, ran through winter and lots of rain, not a single problem.... if u are really worried you could go with a short ram intake.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search