decibel test - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
decibel test
Monday, May 16, 2005 11:38 PM
I was wondering to know if there's any way to make a decibel test on my car, since I'm not enough stupid to go to a police station. Do you know if some shops actually can make you pass this test? (I'm from Québec, Canada if it help). The reason of this question is that if I pass the test and that I'm under the 82 Db limit here, I'll be able to screw the next cop that stop me for that. Thx

Re: decibel test
Tuesday, May 17, 2005 5:16 AM
umm, buy a decibel reader, you could probably get one at Canadian tire, or Home depot maybe.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 5:44 AM
i had my audio shop test my exhaust for me. they were outside working on my car and just asked them if they could test it. dont worry about cops bothering you. unless they have a db w/ them, theres nothing they can do. lol i actually have to go to court in 2 weeks for this.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 12:00 PM
i think exhaust loudness laws are complete and utter BS! harleys are way more loud then any car with an exhaust they dont get pulled over (they are more obnoxious sounding too)
Tuesday, May 17, 2005 12:50 PM
FuSiOn 04 wrote:i think exhaust loudness laws are complete and utter BS! harleys are way more loud then any car with an exhaust they dont get pulled over (they are more obnoxious sounding too)

True, but loud exhausts on motorcycles get over looked because, that is what helps to keep people from actually seeing the motorcycle, they hear them first.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 3:50 PM
some people cant even see cars......same should be applied to cars, i got in an accident and the guy said "i didnt even see him" when i was just cruising along minding my own business
Tuesday, May 17, 2005 5:33 PM
event posted a thing about bike laws in the northeast forum. there was a huge discussion on exhaust. they have their own laws like cars and trucks have there own. like stated bikes are loud so they can be heard since they get over seen alot. also they have a different db setting then cars do.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search