new here - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new here
Thursday, May 19, 2005 5:39 PM
Hay everyone, im new and I joined the forum so that I could learn some things about my cavy 99 2.2. I have a first question but first let me introduce my car. It’s that weird oem blue, its plane barebones stock and slow. Hell my 04 explorer will smoke it. It’s got a little over 100k miles. I plan on just running the engine till it goes bye bye while I fix up all the suspension, a arms, coil over (get it closer to the ground), bushings, wheels, sway bars, breaks,ect. That way it will be ready for a nice new 4 bangers and turbo. Anyway way in the future a little at a time. To the point my very first question. I know a mechanic, an old guy that’s been around, he's a Irish and used to work on formula 1's back in the day. Im a barber and I was cutting his hair one day and brought up spoilers and he said that all these little imports are just weighing their self’s down. He said they do no good no matter what you hear because it’s the big companies that are the ones marketing these things that say they have the scientific proof. And he went on to say that only at very high speeds will they give you any down force. And I also wondered myself why the wing is in the back deck of a front wheel drive. So my point being that from red light to red light you don’t have enough wind going over your car to affect a down force why have it? Unless you’re on an ongoing track over 120mph.

Re: new here
Thursday, May 19, 2005 5:50 PM
Well, first let me welcome you to the org. Second, those wings...smell like....rice? They won't do anything for us j-body, but I have a stock spoiler on mine. From what I hear, the spoilers (stock, not those crazy big ones) help aerodynamics, very slightly. Also, your friend is true, they won't do anything in normal driving, just high, very high, speeds. If you need anything, just ask.

Sam

Ban low-performance cars, not high-performance ones.
Thursday, May 19, 2005 8:09 PM
thanks man glad to be here.
Friday, May 20, 2005 9:57 PM
welcome to the org.
your question is why i laugh at all the kids around here who put that ugly crap on the back of their cars and thinks it helps.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search