the very first mod i should do? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
the very first mod i should do?
Thursday, May 19, 2005 8:14 PM
whats the first mod i should do? i was thinking along the lined of stifening the front end with a strut brace.

Re: the very first mod i should do?
Thursday, May 19, 2005 8:16 PM
bye the way 99 cavy 2.2 all stock
Thursday, May 19, 2005 8:17 PM
Thursday, May 19, 2005 8:17 PM
suspension, either a quality strut/spring or stut/coilover setup that would be my first mod

Thursday, May 19, 2005 8:28 PM
what full coil over kit?
Thursday, May 19, 2005 9:12 PM
I have the RKSport Prostreet coilovers and love them, Tein basics are good if your not looking to break the bank, most people with tell you to go with the Teins but more or less weather they will admit it or not people will say that specifically because they are the Tein brand. Check out Gravana as well, in the group purchase forum they have a BADASS coilover setup, its very cheap price for what you get but then again its preorderes to get them made. Just stay away form ebay and don't cheap out on the struts if you don't get a full coilover setup

Thursday, May 19, 2005 9:14 PM
oh and after that I'd do the strut bars front and rear (package deal for a good price from gravana) and the Ken2.2 subframe brace (look in suspension forum) cheap mods that will make a big difference in the feel of the car, form there minor bolt ones, engine mounts, trans mounts and short throw if you cars 5 speed, intake, exhaust ect..

Thursday, May 19, 2005 10:59 PM
Can someone please explain coil overs to me? Do they completely replace your shocks/struts/springs or how do they work? Very new to modding and I was wondering the same thing as far as first mods. I don't have the big rims and tires to match them yet - since my car is completely stock running 14 inch tires wouldn't I be better off upgrading tires/rims first and then going from there? I want my body work straightened out before anything else but figured it doesn't hurt to ask to know what I want to save up for eventually. Thanks all!

Thursday, May 19, 2005 11:07 PM
in my opinoin its always better to lower the car before the wheels but thats up to you.... wheels and tires just make sure you get the proper size, alot of people just upgrade to the chrome 16" LS sport rims, 17's or 18's seem to be the most ppular though (I have LS sport chrome 16's if your interested send me an e-mail)

check the sticky in the suspension and break forum, lots of good info in there about suspension stuff

this is a full coilover kit (this is the pic of my @!#$ before I installed it (RKSport Prostreet coilovers, DO NOT buy form RKSport, go through Karo at carcustoms, cheaper price and free shipping)

Thursday, May 19, 2005 11:19 PM
Thanks Darkstars for the help! It's so appreciated. It truely looks like Coil Overs are an all-in-one type option. I'll most likely lean that way myself. Unfortunately, money is tight right now so the tires are out and I still need to get my quarter panel fixed before I do anything else. Might as well have the body straightened out (for the most part outside of general dings from daily useage) so the car looks clean then go from there.

Friday, May 20, 2005 12:08 AM
Darkstars wrote:oh and after that I'd do the strut bars front and rear (package deal for a good price from gravana) and the Ken2.2 subframe brace (look in suspension forum) cheap mods that will make a big difference in the feel of the car, form there minor bolt ones, engine mounts, trans mounts and short throw if you cars 5 speed, intake, exhaust ect..

I searched for the Ken2.2 subframe brace in the suspension forum and I can't find it, can someone help cause I want it

Friday, May 20, 2005 5:02 AM
Friday, May 20, 2005 6:50 AM
A Big Aluminum Wing, Adds 50-75 HP,

lol go with wheels or suspension
Friday, May 20, 2005 7:18 AM
Darkstars wrote:I have the RKSport Prostreet coilovers and love them, Tein basics are good if your not looking to break the bank, most people with tell you to go with the Teins but more or less weather they will admit it or not people will say that specifically because they are the Tein brand. Check out Gravana as well, in the group purchase forum they have a BADASS coilover setup, its very cheap price for what you get but then again its preorderes to get them made. Just stay away form ebay and don't cheap out on the struts if you don't get a full coilover setup
the rksport overs is what i been looking at for about 6 mounths now. glad you confirmed. but what is the best? are these?
Friday, May 20, 2005 7:29 AM
"best" is a matter of opinion

Friday, May 20, 2005 7:37 AM
Your 1st mod should be a good Alarm system. After that it all depend on what you want to do with the car.

HANDLING
-Tower braces (you can fet a fron and rear for $100 from Gravana tuning)
-Sway Bars
-Install Poli Control Arm Bushings & Lower at the same time

SHOW
-Lower
-Rims
-Body Kit

Go
-upper & lower Engine Mounts
-Intake
-Headers, high-flow Cat & Cat back installed at the same time
-N2O or T/C or S/C

To be Heard
-Good head unit
-Componet Speakers with Amp
-Subs

Friday, May 20, 2005 8:38 AM
jeremy mathews wrote:whats the first mod i should do? i was thinking along the lined of stifening the front end with a strut brace.

just sit back and think what you want done to your car. and make sure you do your reasearch before you buy something. you dotn want to buy something that you dont wnat or need

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, May 20, 2005 1:51 PM
yah i have been doing a lot of research, and i want to take out unnecisary parts from my car first, like the intake resonator. then i want to add an exhaust system and intake. Then this summer I want a body kit. I am also saving up for an HKS Turbo kit.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search