Lowering and snow performance - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lowering and snow performance
Friday, May 20, 2005 12:08 PM
Since this area has a potential to get bad snows every now and again I'd like to ask (and I apologize in advance if it is a stupid question) how does lowering the car effect it's performance in the snow? I'm looking at using the Koni Sport Kit to lower it 1.2 inches in the front and 1.6 in the rear just to help level it out a bit and then throw on 17 inch rims/tires. Will this help or hurt snow traction in general? If lowering is going to hurt it I may need to rethink the lowering bit and just throw on good OE Struts/Springs to give the ride a more stable feel to it. Thanks for the help!

On the side note to that question, in the winter time to do you folks throw on your OEM wheels with good tires on them instead of running your rims/tires? I was curious if the bigger wheels and tires would also provide more snow traction. So many questions!

Re: Lowering and snow performance
Friday, May 20, 2005 1:18 PM
First off lowering yoru care will make your handling better. Unless you are totoally slammed which your not you will be fine in the winter. I always throw on my stock rims for the winter. Simply because I dont want to mess up my chrome rims. I live in Chicago and the winters get bad here too. But I have been okay when I drive the cavy slammed in the winter.

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Friday, May 20, 2005 1:21 PM
Thanks, 24zeta! That answers the question and now I know for sure what the first mod I save up for will be.

Friday, May 20, 2005 1:30 PM
Any time Post pics once you mod your car!! Im looking forward to it!

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Friday, May 20, 2005 1:45 PM
Will do! Hopefully will be sooner than later but with starting a new job and getting bills paid it may take a few months for the first mods to happen. I can't wait though!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search