Exhaust on '05 Cavy - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Exhaust on '05 Cavy
Sunday, May 22, 2005 4:49 PM
Ok I havent been able to check this yet, but does the exhaust on the '05 Cavys disconnect from the cat? In other words, if I wanted to change my muffler would I have to take of the exhaust just up to the cat or would I have to take off the whole exhaust all the way up to the engine? And if I did have to take off the whole thing, is it hard to do?

Re: Exhaust on '05 Cavy
Sunday, May 22, 2005 5:02 PM
One more thing, will changing my muffler void the warranty on my car?
Sunday, May 22, 2005 5:10 PM
TJ Watson wrote:One more thing, will changing my muffler void the warranty on my car?

no

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, May 22, 2005 5:15 PM
Now about my first question, does the exhaust disconnect at the cat? Or does it go all the way up to the engine? I need to know this because I am buying a Flowmaster muffler soon and want to know what to do when I go to my friends to change it out. I know that I will have to use a hacksaw to cut off the old muffler, now I just need to know where the whole thing disconnects, the cat or the engine?
Sunday, May 22, 2005 5:21 PM
i think all you really need to do is saw off the muffler. then clap on the Flowmaster.
but if i were you. id wait until i can get the whole exhaust done at once.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, May 22, 2005 5:33 PM
yah i know thats what i need to do if I just get a muffler, but I was wondering where the exhaust disonnects, so I can take it off and saw off the old muffler easily, so I was wondering if wether the exhaust system disconnects at the cat or all the way up in the front at the engine.
Sunday, May 22, 2005 6:48 PM
I have an 05 sunfire, mine disconnect after the cat, it's probably the same thing for you...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search