New to this - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New to this
Monday, May 23, 2005 5:13 PM
I just purchased a 99' Sunfire GT, and i dont know to much about engines and what not, and i was wonderin of some ways to make it faster and add more HP, so far all i have done is install a cool air intake

Re: New to this
Monday, May 23, 2005 6:53 PM
A new magnaflow muffler will add a little hp and give your car a nice sound. New headers will also give some hp gains.

If you want lots of hp gains you can either go turbocharged or supercharged.

Just know this, HP is not cheap and there is no such thing as cheap hp.
Monday, May 23, 2005 7:09 PM
muffler....................... I hope that you mean exhaust, cause the muffler is there for the sound not for extra hp and if he just got the car and don't know a lot of thing about it I don't think turbo or S/C is a good place to start. You should start with bolt-on things such as intake, header, exhaust and then look for other things as you advance. For example I started with a cold air intake, a catback exhaust (exhaust will be completed with header and cat this week ) I was wondering what was the next step so I asked people, so I'll get a new throttle body next. Bolt-On is the best way to start. Reading the posts on here will help you a lot. If you're like me and start from nothing, you'll learn new things as you mod your car. Get all the info you need before doing something. It will save you time and money.

Monday, May 23, 2005 8:01 PM
If a muffler such as a glass-pack can cause you to lose horsepower, and a better flowing cat can free-up some horsepower a muffler may not add hp but it could free some up. A big exhaust with a clogged & hp choking muffler is a bad set-up.

((I don't have a lead-foot, But i wear steel-toes.))
Monday, May 23, 2005 8:25 PM
uhh NO2 is cheap HP gains , but if i were u i would get A Header and 2.25 - 2.50 exaust thats a good start , and contrary to popular beleif stickers do not add any HP

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/523131

Monday, May 23, 2005 9:11 PM
most start with an intake and exhaust. then go from there

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 3:21 PM
motor mounts
pullys
high flow cat

just a few things to look into

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search