Some stupid things I did before I found the Org! - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Some stupid things I did before I found the Org!
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 10:28 AM
Bought my LS SPort in 2002.....Purchased a muffler and had body shop weld it on......looked awful and sounded like crap.

Bought some ebay coilovers that no shop would put on because they said they were dangerous and would only hurt the car in the long run.

Had a local guy make me a custom peice of crap intake and paid 140.00 dollars for it and it sucked. I didn't know any better.

Bought some vinyl from ebay thinking it was the greates thing on earth. The vinyl came wrapped in brown paper and was crappy. I still have it, never used it.

Bought, not 1 but 2 ebay aluminum wing spoilers that look like ass on my car and they were very cheap aluminum.

This is a list of dumb things I have done and bought before I found the org....

Alex

Re: Some stupid things I did before I found the Or
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 10:44 AM
lol i hear ya. i had a black aluminum wing and i had stickers on my quater window. lowered w/ cheap coils. i still have pics of it. what was i thinking

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 10:53 AM
Oh man, I am liking this post, we get a chance to bash ourselves for the poorboy mods we use to do:

My car (before it was blue) was that old grandpa recliner brown. I took my hubcaps off and rode around on steelies all the time. I also masked off and painted my stock headlights to look like projectors. I did the same with my tailights (painted them with a litle circle to show the lens)

One time, I don't know why I did it but I painted my door handles and grille in the front bumper blue....it looked pretty gay after I looked at it on a tan car so I painted it back to black.

I also had a bazillion skateboard stickers on the rear bumper and trunk lid of the car. It was definitely my beater car before I found the .org.

Have a good one,
Justin

BEWARE THE WHALE TAIL
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 2:43 PM
yah, i am glad i found the org before i had done anything to my car. i havent even taken anything out of my car yet, all that i have done is sawed off the old exhaust tip and added a nice stainless steel one.

since i have found the org and have talked to a lot of people here and in real life i know which path to take. next thing i am getting is a flowmaster muffler. then some things for my engine (new pistons, internals, ecu cip etc...)
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 3:05 PM
ok, i'll admit it.....i bought... a venom 400. the ad for it is very misleading unless you have someone telling you it sucks.

# Improves horsepower by as much as 25% throughout 1000 to 5000-RPM power range!
# Enhances performance gains achieved from installation of an upgraded power chip
# Increases throttle response…reduces flat spots or delay time during sudden acceleration

and that's where it got me. i was like nice. then i got it, installed it. and as soon as i realized the red light only went on when it was wot, i new it as ...ah man. i did do some good before i found the org though... cat back with a flowmaster. mmmmm except i always had a dream of turbo, and i bought a header, and only 2 1/4 pipe...doh!
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 3:18 PM
tell me what you guys think off this http://www.hurricane-horsepower.com/
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 7:07 PM
TJ Watson wrote:tell me what you guys think off this http://www.hurricane-horsepower.com/

NO!! Bad!! Very bad!!! This is just like the stupid ebay resistor "chip" mod.... gains of about 1 horsepower and it can damage your engine in the long run. There is NO ecu chip, performance chip, performance module, or ANYTHING of this sort that adds horsepower to our cars.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 8:35 AM
i have three words for you

JET PERFORMANCE MODULE

i saw gains all over the place with this one!

5 pounds of extra weight onto my car!

5-6 cutt wires that needed repairing!

and then the biggest gain...

1-2 pound weight reduction of my wallet when i shelled out the 150 for that FUGING COCK MANGLING BISH

errrrrrrr im still bitter

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 9:23 AM
TJ Watson wrote:tell me what you guys think off this http://www.hurricane-horsepower.com/

you need to start reading the performance faq there buddy. anything that is too good to be true, probaly is

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 6:47 PM
Nah, my turbonator really helped my vaccum cleaner out a lot

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search