starting upgrades - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
starting upgrades
Sunday, June 05, 2005 8:37 AM
just wondering what u guys think......

My uncle has a dealership and has sold me a 1998 burnt orange cavalier 2.2L 4dr sedan(for $200 may i add....). anywayz, here are the parts i am thinking about getting this week.

Cold Air intake
Body Kit
resinator
turbinator
17 inch motegi mr7 rims and tires
2 inch lowering springs

is this a good way to start??

also, is the turbinator worth anything??
heres the site for it: [URL=ww.turbinator.com]www.turbinator.com[/URL]

thanx for any feedback i get.

Re: starting upgrades
Sunday, June 05, 2005 8:47 AM
id throw some aftermarket struts on the list to go with the springs....you'll blow stock struts with lowering springs, get some koni yellows.......the resonator is almost useless without an aftermarket exaust, so i'd get a resonated aftermarket catback at least, ifnot a header, cat, resonator and muffler.

and the turbonator is junk, don't get it, all it does is restrict your airflow and ruin power, and mabey your car, an electric fan just cannot create boost. it would be great if i could, but it just can't

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Sunday, June 05, 2005 9:27 AM
yeah....well....its pretty cheap...i kinda wanty to try it....unless u have any other "under $100" upgrades i could do instead to improve power?
Sunday, June 05, 2005 9:34 AM
]DO NOT TRY THE TURBONATOR OR WHATEVER THE @!#$ IT IS CALLED> IF YOU WANT TO RUIN YOUR BRAND NEW CAR THEN BY ALL MEANS SLAP IT ON THERE!!!!!! I DONT THINK YOUD ENJOY GETTING LITTLE PLASTIC PIECES OF MADE IN KOREA FAN STUCK IN YOUR ENGINE WOULD YOU??? QUIT TRYING TO MAKE CHEAP POWER< ITS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday, June 05, 2005 9:35 AM
why don't you start with

intake
header
cat
catback exhaust

then.. lower it and put rims...

"Silver 2001 Cavalier z24 5 speed 2 door sunroof and power everything "

AEM Short Ram Intake
B&M Short Throw Shifter
Sunday, June 05, 2005 9:46 AM
yeah....ok......i have about $500 to mes with now....a couple 100 in a month or two.... i kow im getting a cold air intake and body kit immediately. ill have to figure out what to do next.
Sunday, June 05, 2005 11:28 AM
good luck

Sunday, June 05, 2005 12:09 PM
thanx........ill have to keep u guys posted on my adventure to coolness.
Sunday, June 05, 2005 2:06 PM
Email us for pricing and check us out @ www.turbotechracing.com

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Sunday, June 05, 2005 4:13 PM
intake is a good start, but if it was me, i'd hold on the body kit and get a header, cat, resonator, muffler and pipes......at least a cat back.

however a body kit is nice too, but i'd lower it first body kits on stock height looks weird

but we can't tell you what to do, just do what you like and keep us informed

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Monday, June 06, 2005 1:27 PM
just reiterating what other members said, but stay away from cheap but "big gain" items. These include the turbinator, electric superchargers, the venom 400, TPS tec, Jet Performance Module, any "speed/performance chip", and some others. other than that, id go with absolutely everything the other guys said.

Monday, June 06, 2005 1:36 PM
Yea a friend of mine put the turbonator on his 03 tib v6 and you could tell a difference almost immediatly..........a definite loss in power. BEWARE

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search