noisy front suspension - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
noisy front suspension
Sunday, June 12, 2005 5:57 PM
recently noticed that my front driver side wheel makes a squeeky sound when going over little bumps, when i go over dips doesn't make any sound but a bunch of little bumps and it gets noisy, what could it be????? i sprayed it with some silicone spray and it only helped a little, it has been raining a lot but it was even doing it before that? any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Re: noisy front suspension
Sunday, June 12, 2005 7:14 PM
It's probably your strut mounts. I had the same problem. I sprayed it with some lube and the noise went away for a little while then it would come back. I just changed the mounts a couple weeks ago and no noise since.
Sunday, June 12, 2005 7:49 PM
ok. I don't know what the strut mounts look like or where to spray? also how much do strut mounts cost? if you could explain where to spray or what they look like that would help thanx
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 12:22 AM
I have the same problem... by mounts... are you talking stut towers?
Thursday, June 16, 2005 11:01 PM
Ian wrote:ok. I don't know what the strut mounts look like or where to spray? also how much do strut mounts cost? if you could explain where to spray or what they look like that would help thanx

Front strut mounts run you about $100 or a little less. Some auto parts stores have it. Remember that you can fit strut mounts from 95-02 cavalier or 03 and up, all J-body cars have the same suspension parts.

While your taking out the struts themselves, I'd say upgrade your struts to KYB GR-2s. They are stock replacements and will work a little better. They don't cost that much. Do searches on the prices and shop around.

Good luck to you.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search