red/clear hvac knobs - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
red/clear hvac knobs
Friday, June 17, 2005 8:07 PM
anyone know where I can find hvac knobs that are red yet clear, thanks in advance

Re: red/clear hvac knobs
Friday, June 17, 2005 8:29 PM
You can either make them yourself ( by heating up the cover, removing then painting)

Or check ebay, i know i saw a seller on there with prepainted ones.

Friday, June 17, 2005 11:12 PM
make them yourself. its cheaper that way

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, June 18, 2005 12:09 AM
Sometimes you don't even need to heat up the cover. IIRC, they should just peel off. You will have to remove the knobs altogether, a quick tug should take care of it.

Before hand, run on down to your local craft store and get some stained glass paint.

You would want to paint the inside of the knob (the back side). To keep the mess down a bit you can do this before removing the gray rubbery stuff.

This gray rubbery stuff, now multicolored, can always be stuffed in a box somewhere. If you ever decide to sell your car (not that anyone would want to get rid of a J, but you know, there are the select few...) you can slip those covers back on, instant stock look.

--
Happy Saturday

Saturday, June 18, 2005 10:01 AM
Peel off the cover and colour the knobs with a red sharpie. let them dry and they are good to go. did mine about a year ago and have not had to touch them up yet.
Sunday, June 19, 2005 1:37 AM
Sharpy Shows lines
Use a light coat of rattle-can, it'll still be transparent, just make sure you get all the junk off of the can tip.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search