Which motor mounts??? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Which motor mounts???
Thursday, June 30, 2005 10:59 PM
I read some posts about the motors mounts and I'm gettting interested in getting some. This is the reason why I'm posting, should I get both of them or just one (if just one, which one, upper or lower???). I also read that the motor mounts make noise, how bad it is?? I already have some noise in the dash and I'm just wondering if it's going to make me crazy Finally which company (in your opinions) make the best one (by that I mean, good ones that don't make the car annoying to drive)... Thanks for your help

Re: Which motor mounts???
Thursday, June 30, 2005 11:09 PM
all them outns you see on carcustoms, highrev, gravana tuning, etc are all the same. no difference in performance. just get the cheapest ones you can find
and the vibes are not that bad i dont think. the mounts need some breaking in. but it does get bad on cold days. but they go away when the car warms up

and get both mounts

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, June 30, 2005 11:16 PM
how's the install, I read about the lower but what about the upper??? And do you need any support for the engine when you do that???

Friday, July 01, 2005 10:10 AM
here

click on that. youd want number 5 for the lower. not sure on the install of the upper mount on an Eco

and i never support my engine. but i guess it would not hurt by doing so

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, July 01, 2005 10:59 AM
I did my upper in about 20 mins. Wasnt that hard, I dont have lower yet but i intend on getting it. After you put it on you can tell that it vibrates more but after a few drives you get used to it not all that bad really and no noise for me. Good luck

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Friday, July 01, 2005 11:08 PM
do the motor mounts on the right side

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search