Hi Jbo folks...in love with my cavy - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hi Jbo folks...in love with my cavy
Saturday, November 07, 2015 12:46 AM
Wanted to say hi, and thanks to all the contributors to the org. My jeep was on it's last life, and finally gave up the ghost; found a 98 cavalier ls (with the 2.4) for a great price.
She needs a small bit of body work, and has a silver trunk lid w/spoiler (her name is Goldie, since she is gold).

I got her home and after two days had an oil leak. Thought it was the pan gasket, but turned out to be the oil pressure sending unit. Also had a small exhaust leak at the flex pipe, which turned into a major exhaust leak when the back of the exhaust jumped out of the hanger and broke the flex pipe clean from the flange.
Had a guy weld it back up before I knew better, and that's another story I'll post up here.

Had the air pockets in the cooling system, since he took off a couple cooling lines. Took care of that, and got a new cap. Getting a new tstat next weekend, and a flush.

All of this I learned here, from you folks. in couple days. I have a way to go with Goldie, but she will do just fine for now.

Pics coming soon.

nc

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search