A BRIEF INTRODUCTION! - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A BRIEF INTRODUCTION!
Wednesday, December 16, 2015 6:29 PM
Hello Everyone!
I'd like to introduce myself to all of you!
I recently purchased a 2005 Cavalier, 2.2L, 2 Door Coupe, 4 Speed Auto Trans, with 163,000 miles on it, from it's Original Owner, who kept it extremely well maintained.
The first question I have is, how can I tell if this has the "Factory Sport Package" on it? It does have the 16" Factory Alloy Wheels, but that in itself doesn't tell me if it also has all of the Sport Suspension Components.
Any information you guys can share with me would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks!

Re: A BRIEF INTRODUCTION!
Thursday, January 14, 2016 5:30 AM
Hey Roger, welcome to the forum! Sorry no one has responded or welcomed you yet. Hope your ownership with your Cavalier has been enjoyable in the month or so you've had it.

Chevy did offer a weird option with the last-generation Cavaliers to have the 16" sport alloy wheels on the standard LS models, without the rest of the "LS Sport" features. Of course, it's very possible the original owner could have just found that set of stock wheels somewhere and put them on themselves, but you can tell for sure whether you have a base model, LS, or LS Sport by what other equipment your car has. Does it have power locks, mirrors, and windows? If it does, it's definitely at least an LS and you know you don't have the base model, because those only came with manual locks and windows. If you have an LS Sport, you should have upgraded front and rear bumper covers with ground effects. I say should, because I see a ton of LS Sports driving around with base bumpers, probably because of the originals being previously damaged or something and the body shop not paying attention or they grabbed the first replacement bumper cover they found in a junkyard. If you can't tell whether you have ground effects, all LS Sports came with front fog lights and a larger chrome-tipped exhaust with a cutout in the rear bumper for it, so you can look for either of those. Also, since you have an automatic, the shift lever should be "leather-wrapped" and not just hard plastic, but that's kind of a joke and you'd probably never notice the difference.

If after all that, you know you have the LS Sport, you'll almost definitely have the sport suspension as well, which does sit a bit lower than the base and regular LS models. I can't imagine anyone ever swapping that out for the standard suspension, but you'd know if they did because it would look awkward on an LS Sport sitting so high up. Hope this helps, and again - welcome!
Re: A BRIEF INTRODUCTION!
Thursday, January 14, 2016 6:54 AM
Welcome to the forum.Have u checked the part identification sticker on the spare tire cover. It should list there ?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search