2.2 L engine, is it able to take add ons - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 L engine, is it able to take add ons
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 8:23 AM
I have an 01 cav with the 2.2L engine. Am i stuck with good gas mileage or can i kick up the power with out putting a new engine in my girl. thanks for helping out a FNG .

mmmmmmmmmmm.....beer

Re: 2.2 L engine, is it able to take add ons
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 8:35 AM
Many people have gotten well over 200hp with the stock 2.2/2200.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 10:07 AM
really.... cool. any know how they did it.

mmmmmmmmmmm.....beer
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 10:15 AM
Turbo

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 11:10 AM
where can i find a turbo kit? i've been looking for one but havent found one. and can the 2.2 handle it without blowing up.

mmmmmmmmmmm.....beer
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 11:20 AM
check out cavalierconnection.com

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 5:42 PM
but will the cavconnections turbo yield over 200whp?

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Thursday, April 21, 2005 11:14 AM
close to it, but with some other upgrades , like some engine internals, it shouldnt be a problem getting 200hp
Friday, April 22, 2005 10:01 PM
ok, the 2200 goes around 110hp to the wheels, with a turbo, it will go around 150hp (a good 5psi, with intercooler, a good manifold, good turbo), then add:
2.5 exhaust
Racing injectors
racing fuel lines
racing fuel pump
FMU
bore internals
Bigger and better pistons,
poolished head
racing valve's
racing camshaft
boost to 10 psi

around 190 - 200hp to the wheels
Friday, April 22, 2005 11:21 PM
Just wait...Both Lowfire and VTLoki are having built 2.2's done. VT actually just got his block back the other day. They will both be pushing some serious numbers now that they are bulletproof..mmmm glorious boost

Sunday, April 24, 2005 11:30 AM
Quote:

Neto PR
Yesterday 1:01 AM

ok, the 2200 goes around 110hp to the wheels, with a turbo, it will go around 150hp (a good 5psi, with intercooler, a good manifold, good turbo), then add:
2.5 exhaust
Racing injectors
racing fuel lines
racing fuel pump
FMU
bore internals
Bigger and better pistons,
poolished head
racing valve's
racing camshaft
boost to 10 psi

Is this a specific list? Your use of the word 'racing' suggests you're clueless...
'bore' internals?
bigger and better pistons?

I hope for your sake you're being overly simplistic for this guy... cuz you're not sounding very smart

First off, never, repeat, NEVER boost your car without upgrading the injectors FIRST. You can't just bolt on a turbo to an OHV and expect it to run right... if at all... for very long

200hp is a realistic goal for the ohv, and has been met/ exceeded by many members of the org.

there's several different ways you could get to this goal, a few are more cost effective than the others.

You could start by doing things like intake, full exhaust, motor and tranny mounts, tires, suspension, (read: all bolt ons) and then put on a nitrous kit. Your car will get slowly and surely faster, and as you bolt on the bottle, it will get its largest and nicest gain in power to date. Be sure to do your homework on the subject, and have the appropriate saftey equipment and monitoring devices to avoid accidents that could mean the end of your car, or the end of you.

Or, you could go the way of turbo. This could be had in 2 different ways...

You could do all the bolt ons like said before, then convert to turbo... but some of the stuff you bought (like intake, header) will need to be replaced, and thus the money you spent on those would be wasted.

Or, you could just go straight for turbo, saving your money only to buy the components you need, however your car will stay slow and unmodifeid during this period... but on the upside, you will have spent the least amount of money.

Before you do any of this, definetly address the tires and suspension... its no use in having the grunt of a more powerful engine, if your car can't stay on the road.

a nice power gain on the OHVs is in headwork... I gained .5 seconds from stock to port and polish with stainless steel valves.

but to answer your question more simply, yes the OHV can handle bolt ons without a sweat.

Sunday, April 24, 2005 11:33 AM
well, i just know some very basics.......because of reading...

my purpose there was to show him that it is expensive
Monday, April 25, 2005 9:07 PM
Yes , never doubt the flying sqwirl .

On my 2200 , i had intake , pacesetter header / downpipe , catco high flow cat , 2 1/4 inch piping and a borla muffler.

She had a kick , ALOT more than stock.

Monday, April 25, 2005 9:17 PM
WTF are racing fuel lines?

Racing cam? What kind of racing? Drag racing? Autox racing? Street racing? Dog racing?

Monday, April 25, 2005 9:22 PM
Shifted wrote:WTF are racing fuel lines?

Racing cam? What kind of racing? Drag racing? Autox racing? Street racing? Dog racing?

HAHA!! thats funny

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search