Tracking the car for the Second time - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tracking the car for the Second time
Wednesday, August 08, 2018 5:00 PM
So my Dad and I are talking the car to the road course for our second time tracking the car. We installed a oil cooler, and a rear sway bar. I am hoping to get a new set of tires in time to run also. I will be using my old Battle Z II wheels as track wheels for now. Got a phone holder so we can do lap times on app on our phones. Looking forward to this on the 17.

FU Tuning

Re: Tracking the car for the Second time
Saturday, August 11, 2018 7:19 AM
Can’t wait to see vids and hear how you like the new tires. I’m loving vicariously for now! Lol

Monday, September 03, 2018 5:24 PM
https://youtu.be/V2IQy7j8sR8

Video from second track day. Only got one session because of a blown intake manifold gasket. Still had a blast. Car was handling great, but needed some time to adjust the tire pressure.

next event is half mile racing in October.

FU Tuning

Monday, September 03, 2018 11:36 PM
Nice. What brakes and pads you running? I’ve got a 3 day road course at the end of September I’m looking forward to. On my 3rd year of track days. Love em.

Tuesday, September 04, 2018 7:04 PM
VTLoki wrote:Nice. What brakes and pads you running? I’ve got a 3 day road course at the end of September I’m looking forward to. On my 3rd year of track days. Love em.

Front is stock sized, crossed drilled and slotted rotors with Duralast GT street pads. I have been very impressed by these pads!!!
Rear has a saturn disc swap, with slotted rotors and some cheap ceramic pads. I will likely swap these for Duralast GT street pads.
I have ATE Type 200 brake fluid and SS lines all the way around.

Are you tracking your sunfire? If so what brakes are you using? Fluid? Also tires?

Where are you doing track days at?

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search