Rims for the Talon - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Rims for the Talon
Thursday, March 31, 2005 8:34 AM
I may not know him or his family, but how is it not a waste of money? will he see that money back ever? is it really woth putting thousands of dollars into a rust bucket with over 140k on it? I am unsure where it is a good investment?
I guess he is not putting that much money into it since he is putting motegis on it

Thursday, March 31, 2005 3:05 PM
uhlgreenz wrote:HE's spending HIS money that HE worked for on things that HE wants. You don't know him, his financal situation, or anything about him. No matter how much you argue over it your opinion means jack @!#$.

btw, drop a boosted DSM motor in that thing and say its a piece

Thanks, it is my money and thats why I spend it on what I want =P

Also I am picking up a wrecked turbo DSM. I'm going to put the turbo on my car at 8psi. I refuse to drop a motor into my car with a 140k+ on it when mine runs pefrectly fine. I am going to build the motor very slowly. With all forged internals and bored out. Then I will drop it in. Then eventually do a FMIC and bigger turbo. Thats my goal but I just didn't state that because well frankly thats a ways down the road. Only thing comming soon is the turbo with little boost. I dont want to push that motor too much. I enjoy racing it autocross.

Hahahaha wrote:Please take a look a Smith Wheels befor you deside. They make some really georgeous stuff.

As a fellow DSM owner I should point out that unless you are in the 7s you should remove your claim of being the world's fastest talon. The current fastest Talon runs a 7.8 in the outlaw class. The next fastest (non-outlaw) runs an 8.7 and is street driven.

You need to be very fast to make that claim.

I will look into their wheels thank you. Also anyone who takes that seriously can argue to the wall. Its just a sig in all fun and games. I'm basically stock right now of course I dont think i'm truly the fastest.

Hairy Blackdude wrote: is it really woth putting thousands of dollars into a rust bucket with over 140k on it? I am unsure where it is a good investment?

Hmm thats funny, I have no rust nor do I have 140k miles on my car. Sorry you must be thinking of the Ford Tempo your mom lets you drive if you do good in your high school special ed classes.

Also why are you so interested in my investments? Don't you have a life? I would be worried about your investments, or lack of investments I should say, if I were you.

Thursday, March 31, 2005 11:15 PM
Hairy Blackdude wrote:I may not know him or his family, but how is it not a waste of money? will he see that money back ever? is it really woth putting thousands of dollars into a rust bucket with over 140k on it? I am unsure where it is a good investment?
I guess he is not putting that much money into it since he is putting motegis on it

i drive the same car as him only its turbo/awd. i have invested about 4k in the car (including the car) as it is now i have won probably close to 400 bucks in races, ranging from $20 to $100. i have only had the car like 7 months, most of that time was in the garage putting parts on. i hope to earn more than that soon as i wnat the fastest car in town eventually, so it is very possible to earn more money than put into the car. theres a guy my friend knows with a evo that wants to race me for $500 at the track when it opens, so thats a sure bet as long as my car doesnt break (whcih it hasnt yet, knock on wood).
Thursday, March 31, 2005 11:39 PM
you'll have to excuse hairy blackdude (don't know why there isn't a space in his name but w/e)
he escaped from a local mental facility
if you find him please call local authorities to pick him up

Friday, April 01, 2005 5:09 AM
sappyL61 wrote:you'll have to excuse hairy blackdude (don't know why there isn't a space in his name but w/e)
he escaped from a local mental facility
if you find him please call local authorities to pick him up

LMAO

Friday, April 01, 2005 7:10 AM
har har har
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search