Temple of boom is being rebuilt - Page 3 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Temple of boom is being rebuilt
Wednesday, April 08, 2009 8:13 PM
Oh snap astroooohoooooo. Hi Nate! When my box was tuned to 36, I never tried to see where I peaked. I do know playing Toby Keith - I Love This Bar - windows down, epicenter on and turned on 1/4 of the way would make my throat all bunch up and feel like baby Jesus was on my chest. I think Wysiwig said that the magic number is 47 to 51 for tones for our car. That's why I want a port that I can bolt in around the mid 40's so it'll peak there. 49ish is the resonating frequency of our car, and when it hits that, it's better than the brown note.

Friday, April 10, 2009 7:52 AM
whats up buddy may have found one actually its got some rust so i gotta see if its bad rust or surface. I used to be able to peg my epicenter at 153ish with late nite tip lol. that was nasty .
Friday, April 10, 2009 12:48 PM
Let me see what I can do. We both are running close to the same amount of power and cone area. I work on it again next Friday and ima try to get the tunes in and the car inspected.

Friday, April 10, 2009 8:30 PM
Every car is different. Have noticed that the peak in our type cars varies from 44 to 53hz. Being as your doing a half wall behind the front seats, I would guess your freq would be higher then 53hz, but stranger things have happened.

Right now my peak is 46hz, which was up at 51 before a few adjustments made to port and box placement.

Looking forward to seeing this build and the end results.
Saturday, April 11, 2009 5:14 AM
Now I'm contemplating a clamshell.

Saturday, April 11, 2009 5:50 AM
That would def be interesting to see in a cavy.
Saturday, April 11, 2009 1:39 PM
w/e the hell you do buddy, i want dibs on a hair trick.

car audio noob since 1984.
Friday, April 17, 2009 4:41 PM
Alright, no pics yet, but I've got a 1/2 wall. It doesn't go above the back window line. It's just about 8.5 cubes with 4 4 inch ports, 7 3/4 inch to give me 35 hertz tuning. With a little bracing I'll be at 8 cubes. It'll be subs forward, ports up on driver's side. It will wang.

Friday, April 17, 2009 5:39 PM
It had better!

Friday, May 01, 2009 9:37 PM
Bump for updates. I wanna see this port idea in action.

Sunday, May 03, 2009 2:30 PM
looking forward to seeing how this turns out, Lanman!

ATM, my current setup is peaking at 48Hz. but that's in a trunk install.
we'll see where it ends up if I can ever get time and ambition to do some testing and tweaking.

GAM (The Kilted One) wrote: if you think you're that much better than them because you're "correct" I hope your progeny don't turn out as screwed up as yourself.

Monday, May 04, 2009 6:43 AM
No updates yet. I started to put the 6 1/2's in the doors. I have to cut some of the door to get them to fit. Big beefy bastards.

Monday, May 04, 2009 3:25 PM
lets go already!

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 8:58 AM
My back's out, so working on it right now is out of the question. Ordered some 4 gauge terminals, going to need those shortly. I think I want some bigger amps, but I gotta sell mine first.

Thursday, May 07, 2009 9:16 AM
Put one of the 6 1/2s in the passenger's door and ran the wires thru the door to the inside. They are BEEFY. I had to cut more door to get them to fit.

Thursday, May 07, 2009 9:22 AM
pix or phail

Thursday, May 07, 2009 2:47 PM
something to think about is cancelation. with having that space open behind your subs (rear deck area) you have the potential chance of some cancellation going on. thats why with the subs pointing forward you get a better spl to seal it up compared with just leaving it open. might want to consider just finishing the wall up to seal it completely to make the space smaller and to avoid any cancellation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, May 07, 2009 4:00 PM
Hi Jason! Well here's the good word. I was contemplating that. The only area is going to be the rear deck. It's right below the top of the deck so I can still see out the back window and side windows, and it'll be sealed from the trunk. As of right now it's a snug fit, but I'll finish sealing it up from the inside. I might get a little up there, but nowhere near what I had before. I'll toy around with it, and if it doesn't work, I can always take it all the way up.

Thursday, May 07, 2009 6:29 PM
Lanman31337 - Cavfire wrote:Hi Jason! Well here's the good word. I was contemplating that. The only area is going to be the rear deck. It's right below the top of the deck so I can still see out the back window and side windows, and it'll be sealed from the trunk. As of right now it's a snug fit, but I'll finish sealing it up from the inside. I might get a little up there, but nowhere near what I had before. I'll toy around with it, and if it doesn't work, I can always take it all the way up.

start puching babies, BUT......

could you seal it off with some thick plexiglass that way its still see through and sealed. it could work.

click sig for my car audio videos
Thursday, May 07, 2009 6:41 PM
^^^^That would have some wicked reflection issues in the sun.

Friday, May 08, 2009 6:56 AM
Anton Miller wrote:
Lanman31337 - Cavfire wrote:Hi Jason! Well here's the good word. I was contemplating that. The only area is going to be the rear deck. It's right below the top of the deck so I can still see out the back window and side windows, and it'll be sealed from the trunk. As of right now it's a snug fit, but I'll finish sealing it up from the inside. I might get a little up there, but nowhere near what I had before. I'll toy around with it, and if it doesn't work, I can always take it all the way up.

could you seal it off with some thick plexiglass that way its still see through and sealed. it could work.

That might work, however, my ports are going to be out the top.

Friday, May 08, 2009 4:16 PM
Rich gave me a set of 5" Kraco 2 way slim mount speakers. They are from the early 80's. I need to wang them.

Friday, May 08, 2009 4:19 PM
mmm... kraco. the best name in the biz.

car audio noob since 1984.
Friday, May 08, 2009 7:14 PM
Lanman31337 - Cavfire wrote:
Anton Miller wrote:

That might work, however, my ports are going to be out the top.

curve the ports to go out the plexi glass.... oh no wait you want to have interchangable ones right? that probly wont work then....

click sig for my car audio videos
Friday, May 08, 2009 8:02 PM
alright, I give, what the hell does wang mean?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search