Does Nukkinfuttz make protomec look bad? - Page 5 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Does Nukkinfuttz make protomec look bad?
Thursday, February 05, 2009 8:26 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]WOW , my head hurts , LMAO
hi brian and jake ! how are you guys doing ?
my head still hurts
all i can say , is what works for some doesnt work for others , and if engineers had there way nothing would ever work right

Take 2 Aspirin and call me in the morning
I'm doing pretty good...... just working WAY to many hours!!!

driving a pepsi truck sounds fun , atleast better than being stuck in a dark warehouse

Sunday, February 08, 2009 1:46 AM
Well, been a few days now... While I did figure out one way this "could" be possible, Im still waiting to hear how this "IS" possible.....

M90'd Built LGO-15 PSI
http://webstarts.com/quadper4mance
Sunday, February 08, 2009 7:31 AM
Its possible because it happened. Two members have done it. They dont recommend it but did do it.

Sunday, February 08, 2009 8:03 AM
mitdr774 wrote:Its possible because it happened. Two members have done it. They dont recommend it but did do it.

LOL

If it rains and the weather man said it was not possible, Did it still rain?

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Sunday, February 08, 2009 8:08 AM
I was watching the weather report once and it said that there was cloudy skies (radar screen) and 60% chance of rain. I looked out the window and couldnt find one cloud.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, February 08, 2009 8:08 AM

Sunday, February 08, 2009 8:38 AM
Must have been over the duty cycle of the cloud, and it exploded, thus making it not possible to see.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Sunday, February 08, 2009 1:52 PM
Someone just explain how my car went 12.53 @104 on 17PSI from a Super 16G and 36# injectors. Whoever can do that the best wins, and I'll win too because I can't figure it out when my last dyno was 301 WHEEL horsepower at like 16PSI.

Oh and explain how I can run 12.90 @ 114 and 12.53 @ 104 too please. And don't say weather or traction did it. The conditions were mathematically equivalent and I pulled 1.8 60fts both times.

Thanks

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, February 08, 2009 2:24 PM
Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:Someone just explain how my car went 12.53 @104 on 17PSI from a Super 16G and 36# injectors. Whoever can do that the best wins, and I'll win too because I can't figure it out when my last dyno was 301 WHEEL horsepower at like 16PSI.

Oh and explain how I can run 12.90 @ 114 and 12.53 @ 104 too please. And don't say weather or traction did it. The conditions were mathematically equivalent and I pulled 1.8 60fts both times.

Thanks

Reduced traction allowed me to go 13.9 at 103 on 8 PSI, and no traction till 2/3 the way through 3rd allowed me to go 14.5 at 108.92 on 10 PSI.

As for your times, could it possibly have been your shifting?

Sunday, February 08, 2009 5:19 PM
mitdr774 wrote:
Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:Someone just explain how my car went 12.53 @104 on 17PSI from a Super 16G and 36# injectors. Whoever can do that the best wins, and I'll win too because I can't figure it out when my last dyno was 301 WHEEL horsepower at like 16PSI.

Thanks

Reduced traction allowed me to go 13.9 at 103 on 8 PSI, and no traction till 2/3 the way through 3rd allowed me to go 14.5 at 108.92 on 10 PSI.

All my split times were equally faster. I don't think it was shifting.

Sunday, February 08, 2009 6:22 PM
Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:
mitdr774 wrote:

Thanks

All my split times were equally faster. I don't think it was shifting.

Probably bracket racing and on the brakes at the end so you didn't break out or had to let off for some other reason.

Regardless they did it, I don't need math to prove it when I saw it and trust both Jeremy & Brian's word. Recommended, no... possible yes.

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Sunday, February 08, 2009 7:04 PM
The point of my post, other than to get some insight, was to show that there's been more cars than have made 300+ on small injectors.

Again, not recommended at all, but definitely possible

Monday, February 09, 2009 4:30 PM
^ we all know GLD is down hill

Monday, February 09, 2009 5:02 PM
Jake wrote:^ we all know GLD is down hill

With a tailwind and fat bitches at the quarter mile line.... all their mass combined pulls gravity towards them, so you had a gravitational pull assisting your weak injectors.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Monday, February 09, 2009 6:29 PM

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Tuesday, February 10, 2009 6:57 AM
Except those times are from Route 66 LOL. But yes...GLD and Byron are downhill.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 1:29 PM
Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote: But yes...GLD and Byron are downhill.

I dont believe you! I'm bringing a laser level next time I head down to GLD!!!!

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 4:38 PM
strange that my worst times were at GLD.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 7:27 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:
Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote: But yes...GLD and Byron are downhill.

I dont believe you! I'm bringing a laser level next time I head down to GLD!!!!

Do it bud lol. Byron is like a 5% grade and GLD is a 2% grade. The NHRA and IHRA used to list the specs of each track and I found them somewhere a while back. Wish I could find that list again because it was pretty darn cool.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 11:02 AM
Wow! I can't believe I am just now seeing this post, lol.

Nukkinfuttz, just like I told you in a PM a while back, i can't give you the math but i can answer any questions you have about my engine or car.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Thursday, February 12, 2009 3:31 PM
Don't know if Protomec / Todd is still reading at this point, but it's nice to see ya reply. Hope you feel lucky to work in an area where you get to do what you do. I chose to go a different direction many years ago and it's made a big difference over the course of time.

If you've ever stopped in to visit a guy in Arcanum, Ohio I might have met ya. It's been a few years now but it was neat to have a couple of "pros" among us amatuers and Bruce was usually good about getting folks from all sorts of backgrounds to come by.

People with regular day jobs may not realize some employment comes with NDA's which limit discussion, especially in a public forum.

Nukkinfuttz... calm down. Human math follows the world, not the other way around. A wise man takes time to learn when the math doesn't seem to add up to the results. In the automotive world there are many people who develop an instinctive grasp on aspects of cars or engines, but their explanations make no sense Hell, quite a few don't even have the training to describe what they know. Sometimes, if you take time and work from the idea that they may be onto something, you can learn.

I vote for substance over style always. The signal to noise ratio on JBO is low, but there are a few regulars and semi regulars who prefer substance and there seems to be the occasional passerby who wants real info albeit at a lower tech level. My monthly post count is generally low.

-->Slow
Saturday, February 21, 2009 9:49 AM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search