Vette Wheels - Page 38 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vette Wheels
Monday, February 18, 2013 2:49 PM
Nope, they're staying. As are the handles and all other factory exterior pieces.

Monday, February 18, 2013 3:25 PM
this makes me want to give up on my project cavi because it'll never be as cool as this. lol

Monday, February 18, 2013 7:09 PM
Jesse Feeling wrote:this makes me want to give up on my project cavi because it'll never be as cool as this. lol

Haha, thanks man. But, what you and I consider cool compared to other people is totally different. Don't give up!

Put on my big boy pants tonight and knocked out the firewall for good. I'm very happy with the way it turned out and I think it will flow pretty well all painted up.

I re-made the column pass-through and a couple filler panels.

I made the "hvac" filler first, here:

And then cut the @!#$ty pass-through out:

I wanted to make the new pass-through flow better, and not have a sharp edge to tie into the middle area of the firewall. I wound up making the new piece by bending the sheet metal around a piece of tube I had laying around, it actually worked really well.

Welded everything up and ground it smooth, overall I'm pretty happy with it.

I have yet to finish completely welding in the large filler with the bead rolls, but once that is done, I have two tiny holes to fill on either strut tower, one seam on the right side wheel tub to weld and I can start mudding.

Holy hell, we're making head-way.
Monday, February 18, 2013 8:06 PM
Joe was right, looks much better now that its all ground down.

The new work looks pimp too

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:01 AM
First off going to say the whole stance and stretched tire trend is something I don't care for or understand. But credit where credit is due the work and ingenuity that has gone into this car is simply amazing. I will defiantly be checking back for progress. Keep it up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:02 AM
Sunday, February 24, 2013 12:18 AM
Threw the car back together tonight, going to roll it outside tomorrow and take some full-bodied shots so I can finally see in full view how it sits and just because I want to.

With the engine in, I can offically say any worry I had with the firewall is completely gone. I am fully in-like with it.

Without the front bumper on, you can see just how wide the wheel sits on the car.

I was gifted some leftover -3 AN bulk heads and miscellaneous fittings from a friends build, freebies are awesome. This puts a serious gain on ordering the rest of my brake line fittings.

I'll be sure to post up the outdoor shots tomorrow.
Sunday, February 24, 2013 4:21 AM
👍

Sunday, February 24, 2013 4:51 AM
dude where are you located?

GOT ECOTEC?
Sunday, February 24, 2013 8:33 AM
Canada, eh.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Sunday, February 24, 2013 3:53 PM
super

Sunday, February 24, 2013 3:54 PM
Happy time in my pants....

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879

Sunday, February 24, 2013 4:33 PM
Dave (2 UNIQ) wrote:dude where are you located?

Southwestern Ontario, about 1.5 hours west of Toronto.

SO MANY PICTURES.

The right rear tire is flat, I @!#$ up the tire and have yet to order a new one, hence the poor fit on the right rear corner. Everything else, I am very pleased with. Again, I campaign that this car looks weird in pictures vs. real life, but you get what you get.

In retrospect, I wish I put the doors on, but they're heavy as @!#$ and would've had to come back off again anyways, so @!#$ it.

And yes, I did shovel the snow away so I could push my car out.
Sunday, February 24, 2013 5:06 PM
And by shovel the snow, you mean drive over that area with the S10 a couple times right?

Sunday, February 24, 2013 5:12 PM
no, he acutally was manning the shovel when I showed up to give a push.
Sunday, February 24, 2013 5:23 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:And by shovel the snow, you mean drive over that area with the S10 a couple times right?

The S10 got stuck in it, I actually had to shovel.
Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:07 PM
Sick as hell. Im in love with this car.

Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:19 PM
Better start investing in extra front lips!

Love.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Monday, February 25, 2013 6:57 PM
I got around to mounting up the much larger front mount tonight, Which, in turn, opened up one hundred (scientifically calculated) other ideas. All little things, and all making the bay/front end much cleaner and more efficient (I think).

I'll be moving the meth pump from the front frame horn, to down in between the rad and the intercooler. I think the catch can will wind up down there also, and I'll likely make some custom rad brackets to move it over slightly.

I still need to finish the bumper support, and make an upper mount for the front mount.

There is a lot of stuff to pack in the front bumper still, but I have high hopes that I already have the majority of the issues figured out. I refuse to rid myself of the Z24 front bumper and fogs for a base model bumper without, so it should be nothing short of a challenge fitting 2.5" charge pipes this year. Hell, squirreling 2" charge pipes last year was awful enough.
Monday, February 25, 2013 7:15 PM
Looks good dude. The front bumper fits with the IC that far forward?

Monday, February 25, 2013 7:50 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:Looks good dude. The front bumper fits with the IC that far forward?

Yep, I measured a few times, i need to trim the bottom lipping off the inside of the bumper, I had the same problem with the previous I/C and charge pipes, bumper didn't fit great on the bottom side, so I'm fixing that all up this time around.

I wanted the I/C to sit about a 1/4" from the bumper grille. As noticeable as possible.
Monday, February 25, 2013 8:08 PM

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:33 AM
That is a BIG ASS intercooler!

PS. the car looks twice as bad ass with no front end, I vote never run a front bumper.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:48 AM
newt wrote:That is a BIG ASS intercooler!

PS. the car looks twice as bad ass with no front end, I vote never run a front bumper.

I second that notion.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:24 PM
newt wrote:That is a BIG ASS intercooler!

Haha, I completely agree. The wheels really look huge with no bumper on it.

Right, update time. Where to begin... fumbled all over the place tonight and knocked a few things out.

First, I made up a bracket for the catch can in it's new home. I love it, it's solid as hell and looks half-way decent too.

Not very good pictures, as I installed the FMIC again before I remembered to snap any.

I plan to drill and tap a pet-cock drain in the front of the catch can. Last summer having it mounted to the wheel tub and having to remove it and drain it each time was simply a pain in the ass. There is a copious amount of room down inbetween the rad and bumper rebar to drain it, so that's what will happen.

For a while now this whole fuel setup has irked me. I want everything that needs to be in the engine bay very tight-knit, and having the regulator mounted up near the strut tower wasn't cutting it for me.

Completely at random, and Ryan can vouch for this, I picked out two holes in the cylinder head and it hit me instantaneously. I removed the AEM bracket and fabbed up my own, it only took me three tries to get the holes right. (I threw the second one and almost went home). I really enjoy where it sits now.

That being said. On to my next issue. The fuel lines themselves. SIGH. I intend to run bulkheads through... somewhere... and run new hardlines through the interior of the car. There is simple reasoning behind this. Factory ones drag. Cool.

I routed the lines in a couple different fashions quickly tonight, and honestly, I can't stand either. This is now really bugging me and blah blah blah I'm whining.

Numero uno:

The next number after uno:

I guess I forgot to mention I have half my downpipe made up, also.

I've come to the realization I have a massive list of @!#$ to still take care of before I even get the chance to start the car, let alone drive it, and I'm running out of time, and definitely out of money. So I cancelled a major thing on my list tonight. I was intending on building my own sheetmetal aluminum intake, running an LS1 throttle body, and having accomodations for the meth, T-map sensor and various other vacuum devices on the bottom of the manifold.

Back to the Saab manifold for now, the manifold will happen, I just don't want to be stuck without my car for 98.437% of the summer.

It definitely doesn't look as nice as I was hoping to have, but it is definitely not final and certainly not impossible to change at a later date.

.....I think that's it? I might take tomorrow night off, I've been at the shop 'til about midnight for the last I don't know how many nights, and I'm starting to feel my extreme lack of sleep.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:37 PM
Loving every minute of this.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search