Vette Wheels - Page 40 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vette Wheels
Tuesday, March 05, 2013 1:47 AM
Cut that tractor pin down and tighten up the loop on it. 2 reasons. Looks like @!#$ with it having slop(my ocd) and will chatter less driving around. Other wise cool deal.

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 5:14 AM
Quote:

So I came up with this, to use a PTO shaft clip from a tractor. Now, they definitely don't fit like I want. The pin is obviously too long, and it is also 1/8" too skinny. I'll likely wind up making my own pins and fashion the steel clip over to them. This gives me a good idea of what to base my idea off of, though.

MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:Cut that tractor pin down and tighten up the loop on it. 2 reasons. Looks like @!#$ with it having slop(my ocd) and will chatter less driving around. Other wise cool deal.

Reading > you.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Tuesday, March 05, 2013 10:11 AM
Jeff Wybrow wrote:
Next, this whole bolt-in roll bar thingy. Where the rear bars attach, there are bolt holes. In my opinion, thanks to my OCD, having actual bolts/nuts there would look absolutely horrendous and drive me @!#$ bat @!#$ crazy. Even though you can't really see them,

So I came up with this, to use a PTO shaft clip from a tractor. Now, they definitely don't fit like I want. The pin is obviously too long, and it is also 1/8" too skinny. I'll likely wind up making my own pins and fashion the steel clip over to them. This gives me a good idea of what to base my idea off of, though.

Both bother making your own, that is a "snap lock pin" or a "snap pin"....do some digging they make those in about 1000 lengths and shaft diameters.

Should easily be able to find one if the size/length you need.

Any industrial supply store/fastener supplier should be able to order you the correct ones.

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 2:25 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:
Quote:

MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:Cut that tractor pin down and tighten up the loop on it. 2 reasons. Looks like @!#$ with it having slop(my ocd) and will chatter less driving around. Other wise cool deal.

Reading > you.

4:47 am > me

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 3:12 PM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:
Quote:

Reading > you.

4:47 am > me

LOL, That's fair!

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 6:53 PM
Was it you painting the roll bars teal to match the wheels?

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Thursday, March 07, 2013 8:10 PM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:Was it you painting the roll bars teal to match the wheels?

Yes.

I have been unable to obtain frigin welding gas all week thus far, apparently it is as @!#$ rare as the loch-ness around here. Decided I'd start tackling wiring, going surprisingly well, actually.

The worst part, as always, is de-looming everything. I've also completely removed all wiring of accessories that have gotten the boot, pin to pin. HVAC, A/C, Wipers/washers, SIR, I think that's it.

Here's a bunch of terrible @!#$ pictures of @!#$ty looking wiring.

Once the modules are mounted, I can start actually running wiring cleanly and making the connections. I intend to wire in all my aftermarket modules into the factory harness aswell, Making everything clean and easily removeable. Because, for whatever reason, I honestly don't feel this will be the last time the car goes back together.

Thursday, March 07, 2013 8:33 PM
Definitely gonna take the dash completely out when I start with my wires. Always looking forward to updates on this! Keeps my motivation going to do mine!

Thursday, March 07, 2013 9:14 PM
Needs more fish eye lens.

Friday, March 08, 2013 3:31 AM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:Needs more fish eye lens.

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Saturday, March 09, 2013 3:49 PM
U should make a mold of the dash and template the dash support and make thousands lol

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 5:29 AM
To the top!

Smells like urine in here!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:29 AM
Need moar updates!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:38 AM
Sparky15_00 (Corsica Dude) wrote:Need moar updates!

and you need to update us on this new wheel setup shown in your sig!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:34 AM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:
Sparky15_00 (Corsica Dude) wrote:Need moar updates!

and you need to update us on this new wheel setup shown in your sig!

CURIOUS!

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:44 AM
Sorry guys, it's not a Cavalier

Varrstoen ES221 18x9.5 +30 on a 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. 225/40 tires. I'll make a thread in the Other Car's section.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 12:35 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:To the top!

Still smells better than America.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:48 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:

which america? ...north or south?

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:54 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:

The wind was blowing from the north today......

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:00 PM
I've been humming and hawing what the hell my pedals were going to be, initially planned on running a full Wilwood set of pedals for "ease of installation". Thankfully, Mike (the dude with the e30) has a set and I quickly learned they wouldn't fit for @!#$ in my car. So, my minitrucker roots started showing through, and I came up with this:

Yes, they're all bungee-corded in, yes, that's how I intend to leave it. (). The pedals need to move around slightly, but again, they're bungee-corded, so @!#$ off and quit judging me.

The PCM/BCM debauchery is all mounted, but I have forgotten to take pics of the plates I made, so whatever. You can see it in the current pics.

Got all the bracketry for the booster designed tonight, having my cousin fold me up the beginnings of it tomorrow and should have it mounted by tomorrow night, I hope.

I didn't take any pictures because it's all drawings and crap like that.

So here's some fish-eye pictures of how the heap looks now!

Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:21 PM
I like this build, it just keeps chuggin along ... Cant wait to see it all completed

Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:42 PM
I like pictures of part drawings.

Friday, March 15, 2013 7:13 AM
mmmmmm fisheye

Friday, March 15, 2013 10:18 AM
Topping up your brake fluid is gonna suck

Friday, March 15, 2013 11:49 AM
newt wrote:Topping up your brake fluid is gonna suck

My initial thought as well!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search