Vette Wheels - Page 41 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vette Wheels
Friday, March 15, 2013 12:06 PM
Make the air bag flap hinged and use a long funnel?

Friday, March 15, 2013 12:21 PM
newt wrote:Make the air bag flap hinged and use a long funnel?

brake fluid bong!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Friday, March 15, 2013 12:40 PM
....yo bro.....like i swear my brake fluid reservoir was under the hood the last time I filled it....

....duuuude, are you sure man? the last time I fil....WTF?!?! who moved my steering wheel to the other side?!?!

....im tripping balls bro.

Friday, March 15, 2013 1:06 PM
Just seen a RHD Jetta rolling around Milwaukee last night. Was kinda odd to see it rolling up behind me w/o a driver.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, March 15, 2013 3:14 PM
The smart money is on leaving room to access it from the defrost vent. Boom.

Friday, March 15, 2013 4:32 PM
Brian (TheSundownFire) wrote:The smart money is on leaving room to access it from the defrost vent. Boom.

I like this idea ^^

Friday, March 15, 2013 6:13 PM
lookin real good! i did a wilwood reverse mount master under my dash with no booster and its kinda one of those things its a super pain in the ass to fill or get to but how often are you really changing or adding brake fluid?
Saturday, March 16, 2013 10:54 PM
I really am not concerned at having to check the brake fluid. The dash will be out while the brakes are bled, etc. There's a low fluid indicator in the master cylinder which will be wired in to work, so, again, not concerned.

Had a side-job today so I tossed the front end back on the car and pushed it outside. Decided for ease of working under the dash, I'd back the car in this time.

Got around to making my booster bracket tonight, so far, flawless execution.

Step by step:

And tacked in place:

Very, very bad pictures. It's hard to get my dang phone jammed in there.

Regardless, so far I'm still confident this is going to work, hahaha.

Threw the front sheetmetal on and took pictures of Mike's car and mine.

Life

is

GOOD.

Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:15 AM
finally someone is doing the in cab master cylinder here. alwasy wanted someone to do this. Ive seen it on mini trucks for years to clear the big wheels. awesoem work!
Sunday, March 17, 2013 10:37 PM
Looking great Jeff!

Monday, March 18, 2013 6:45 AM
Thanks fellas!

Started my bell crank last night, again, might actually work! I'll let the pictures do the talking 'cause I don't feel like typing anymore.

Having the inner rod machined and center-drilled today or tomorrow, then I can build the top bracket, and start the linkage. I know what you're thinking, "That booster rod is sitting on the column support." You're not wrong, but it has yet to be modified. RELAX.

Monday, March 18, 2013 7:04 AM
How can we RELAX when your life is in your own hands?

We don't trust you!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Monday, March 18, 2013 8:16 AM
Spencer wrote:finally someone is doing the in cab master cylinder here. alwasy wanted someone to do this. Ive seen it on mini trucks for years to clear the big wheels. awesoem work!

mcmoney has already but his is LHD so jeff's is still a first LOL

everything looking good man. getting the brake booster/master cyl. out of the engine bay makes it look soooo much cleaner. absolutely cannot wait to see the final engine bay result!

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Monday, March 18, 2013 8:30 AM
My brain doesn't fully comprehend how that bell crank is going to actually work, but I'm confident you know what your doing...lol

I really wish you lived closer so I could drop by the shop, drink some whiskey and check this thing out.

Monday, March 18, 2013 1:05 PM
I would thing some sort of bearing would be a good idea on that belcrank?

Regardless amazingly awesome work, some of the best stuff is the stuff people wil never know is there.

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Monday, March 18, 2013 4:29 PM
newt wrote:My brain doesn't fully comprehend how that bell crank is going to actually work, but I'm confident you know what your doing...lol

I really wish you lived closer so I could drop by the shop, drink some whiskey and check this thing out.

The pedal will have to have a extended arm, with a pivot in it. So when you press the brake the top of the arm comes towards the driver. That will be linked to the bell crank with some sort of linkage. That motion will rotate the bell crank towards the brake booster.

I could be wrong but thats how I see it, and its cool.
Monday, March 18, 2013 9:37 PM
Spencer wrote:finally someone is doing the in cab master cylinder here. alwasy wanted someone to do this. Ive seen it on mini trucks for years to clear the big wheels. awesoem work!

this has been done, MCMoney did it for a left hand drive cav.

this is def the first I've seen it done on a right hander tho!

great work jeff! I'd def go this route but I like my HVAC too much =\

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 3:34 AM
We are still friends...

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:12 AM
Philly D wrote:
newt wrote:My brain doesn't fully comprehend how that bell crank is going to actually work, but I'm confident you know what your doing...lol

The pedal will have to have a extended arm, with a pivot in it. So when you press the brake the top of the arm comes towards the driver. That will be linked to the bell crank with some sort of linkage. That motion will rotate the bell crank towards the brake booster.

That is, essentially, bang on. Well done, sir.

Pj, trust me, I will preach about having HVAC, but I really only ever used defrost in this car. I do have plans to get a hot rod heater in it sooner than later, but at the current time it is pretty low on my list of essentials. It will be there, though. I had a car once with no heater box at all and it was the worst thing ever.

I have a small surprise in the works, aswell. I must say, I'm pretty excited. And I see Darren is, aswell.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 7:57 AM
Philly D wrote:

It's not that I don't understand how the bell crank works, but from that picture it looks like there will be issues with binding/not enough travel.

That's why I said I don't see how that's gonna actually work, but I'm confident that Jeff has it figured out

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 7:57 AM
PS. I like surprises

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:28 AM
Surprises, psh.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 2:03 PM
You sir, are quite the fabricator! Keep this up!
Monday, March 25, 2013 2:57 PM
Can we get more indepth pics of your Camber plate set up? Please???

GOT ECOTEC?
Wednesday, April 03, 2013 4:37 PM
No updates in 17 days...you alive?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search