13:1 ADDING SUPRECHARGER - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
13:1 ADDING SUPRECHARGER
Wednesday, September 10, 2008 10:14 PM
What should I look for when adding a 2.6L Kenne Bell to a 13:1:1 motor? Boost about 4-5 LBS Motor is 2007 MBZ CLS63 AMG WITH HEADERS. Any one with any info? I know tunning will be key also want to run pump 91 fuel. Intake manifold will be done in 2 weeks, so I have a little time to get more input. Thanks guys

Re: 13:1 ADDING SUPRECHARGER
Thursday, September 11, 2008 12:06 AM
You do realize this is a J-body site right?

Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:35 AM

---I am parting out!!!!---
12.5@116 2.0 60ft
Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:02 AM
You should look for the same thing other high compression s/c builders need to pay attention to - mercedes is not special in that respect. Pay attention to the air to fuel ratio and knock retard. If you don't know what you're doing (not to be rude) perhaps you would consider letting a pro install and tune this thing. Between the benz and the KB, thats a lot of money to place on the advice of a website that only deals with cars that cost less the the KB

If you want more details, join a mercedes forum and ask someone who may have actually worked with the platform...

Thursday, September 11, 2008 7:53 AM
oldskool wrote:You should look for the same thing other high compression s/c builders need to pay attention to - mercedes is not special in that respect. Pay attention to the air to fuel ratio and knock retard. If you don't know what you're doing (not to be rude) perhaps you would consider letting a pro install and tune this thing. Between the benz and the KB, thats a lot of money to place on the advice of a website that only deals with cars that cost less the the KB

If you want more details, join a mercedes forum and ask someone who may have actually worked with the platform...

Found this site and thought you guys might have an insight as to genral info. Maybe someome here has done custom work? Of course I have a huge team of tuners working on this project, it will be the 1st MBZ 63 platform ever to have a supercharger in the world. Yes, you are right about the cost you must be very careful when playing with FIRE.. LOL. I am also a member of a few MBZ forums. I thought this site ,by it's name would have ore info than it does but thanks , good luck with your toys. By the way, always search for more info than you need, never think you know it all.
Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:23 PM
John H [CavalierKid wrote:]

WTF IS THAT THING????!!!!

a dog?? sloth??? wildabeast???

GIANT RAT/POSSUM??

Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:26 PM
i dunno but its got some shaved nuts

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, September 13, 2008 3:22 PM
RICHARD RICK wrote:
oldskool wrote:You should look for the same thing other high compression s/c builders need to pay attention to - mercedes is not special in that respect. Pay attention to the air to fuel ratio and knock retard. If you don't know what you're doing (not to be rude) perhaps you would consider letting a pro install and tune this thing. Between the benz and the KB, thats a lot of money to place on the advice of a website that only deals with cars that cost less the the KB

Found this site and thought you guys might have an insight as to genral info. Maybe someome here has done custom work? Of course I have a huge team of tuners working on this project, it will be the 1st MBZ 63 platform ever to have a supercharger in the world. Yes, you are right about the cost you must be very careful when playing with FIRE.. LOL. I am also a member of a few MBZ forums. I thought this site ,by it's name would have ore info than it does but thanks , good luck with your toys. By the way, always search for more info than you need, never think you know it all.

Oh, of COURSE. You have a team of experienced tuners... which is why you needed to consult a site based around a completely different platform than the one you're building.... That makes sense.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Saturday, September 13, 2008 3:44 PM
He's 46, btw.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Saturday, September 13, 2008 5:41 PM
JerseyJayLN2 (Scarab) wrote:
RICHARD RICK wrote:

Oh, of COURSE. You have a team of experienced tuners... which is why you needed to consult a site based around a completely different platform than the one you're building.... That makes sense.

WOW, LOL .. are you mad at youself ? or the world. Are you very smart? Or did you get picked on in school? Wait I'm sorry are you still in high school.. I have been around a lot of forum and you buddy are by far the Funniest mole I have ever had the pleasure of reading.. I hope to be just like you when I grow up .. Do you even know what a CLS63 AMG is? Well gotta go talk to my pretend Tunners now. Make sure you sleep with the light on BUDDY or the boooggy man will get you.. BAAAAHHHHHAAAAA and have mommy wash the stains of you UNDEROOS. too.. Dude u r a FUNNY Guy. See ya around. Speed racer........
Saturday, September 13, 2008 5:58 PM
Heh what a way to respond to JerseyJayLN2's post... He put forth a valid point.

Goes to show you money doesn't buy intelligence, but it'll help with having a team build a car for you.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero

Saturday, September 13, 2008 6:45 PM
Sounds like a Euro guy....at least from my dealings with them over the last few years while I was in Germany.

I'd say you would have better luck on a forum with that platform than here on JBO...there are some great guys here doing awesome things but you are asking questions that no one would have a def answer on...that's not knoocking this site, just the truth.

The basics might be the same, but you need (at least I think so) specific info!

Good luck with your project!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Monday, September 22, 2008 5:43 PM
You will make more power by dropping your static compression and adding boost or change the cam timing to lower your dynamic compression ratio or add inter/after cooling and timing will be critical. I have a 10.5:1 static Procharged carb'ed engine with air-air intercooling and water/meth injection running 12-13 # of boost on pump gas in my Monte Carlo SS.
Monday, September 22, 2008 5:54 PM
I'm as confused as everyone else here. I'm just completely baffled why anyone would join the JBO to ask about an AMG anything.

It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

And he doesn't seem to be trying to sell us anything... so I'm just baffled.

Good luck with it, brother.

Monday, September 22, 2008 8:31 PM
we are the lowest of the low in the tuner world...

you are here asking us, why?

Fall 08 Omaha/western Iowa area meet...CLICK ME!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 7:10 PM
i hate when we get these people joining our boards

the best part is how does he know hes the first in the world to do this maybe someone has one in there garage that they have done and just don't blab it all over the internet

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, September 30, 2008 8:59 PM
^He knows this because his tuner groupies keep telling him that so he will keep the checks coming and they don't have to do @!#$ but keep him excited about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, September 30, 2008 8:59 PM
Tuesday, September 30, 2008 9:32 PM
RICHARD RICK wrote:thought this site ,by it's name would have ore info than it does

So he thought "The J-Body Organization" by its name would contain more information on non-j-bodies than it does.
RICHARD RICK wrote:but thanks , good luck with your toys.

He's got a Mercedes, uh oh, all of these j-bodies are mere "toys."

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Wednesday, October 01, 2008 6:15 PM
Just let me know when you want to run up against my toy. Less that 1/6th the cost and it'll still give you a run for your money.

Thursday, October 02, 2008 2:03 AM
^Bet the "check engine" will display by 2nd gear or tranny will give out, either way it won't go far... it's German.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Friday, October 03, 2008 4:24 AM
I SMASHED my buddy's C63 AMG with my GTI.

I have no other contributions to this thread.

Cardomain|Myspace

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search