Centrifugal charger - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Centrifugal charger
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:50 PM
Do they make centrifugal superchargers for the 2.2 ecotec engines? Some say procharger does, some say vortech does, I just cant find any kits. Where should I look?

Re: Centrifugal charger
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 7:12 PM
whats the point they have a supercharger for the ecotec probably much easier to find stock ecotec charger and cheaper then buying one some company makes

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 7:15 PM
Yes they make them with Vortech superchargers. You can find them at www.z-spec.com but it seems their site is down. Its the same company as RSM and you won't find too many people here that say good things about them. Search 'RSM' if you want to see what its all about. The kit has some apparent flaws and the design severely limits the potential of the supercharger. If your looking to supercharge an ecotec i think most would recommend the GM supercharger. If your interested i'm setting up a custom Vortech setup on m 2.4 LD9... here's the link to that thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, September 23, 2008 7:16 PM

Monday, September 29, 2008 5:35 AM
I'd avoid those guys like the plague. You've got options for either a roots style blower or a turbo. Why would you go seeking a centrifugal blower for this engine?

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 9:48 AM
rsm is not z spec. z spec bought out rsm's inventory and is selling it. 2 different companies. i havent had any trouble with them and i have ordered parts from them.

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:57 PM
I stand corrected. I was simply relaying the information that i was given some time ago.

Thursday, October 09, 2008 7:09 AM
yes, z-spec is simply selling RSM's parts they bought when RSM was going out.

There is no RSM anymore, just a warehouse full o parts.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search